The Newsroom

Granada Reports

(January 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DJ
DJ Dave
aww bless Lucy getting all upset at the end, Tony Morris is doing the first ever Granada Reports this Sunday at 6.30pm from Salford.
JO
Joshua
Not a usual viewer of Granada Reports, but do Tony and Lucy have a good partnership on-air? Seems a little bit stiff and tension from that video clip, as opposed to my local regions presenting duo of Pam and Ian!
SF
Selwyn Froggatt
Tony and Lucy have worked together on Granada Reports for over ten years haven't they?
BR
Brekkie
I've always found their partnership quite a difficult watch - would be much better if Lucy Meacock hosted it solo I suspect.
SF
Selwyn Froggatt
She was good with Bob wasn't she?

I think Christine and Duncan on Calendar have a great on screen chemistry
NW
nwtv2003
I always thought Lucy had the best partnership with Anthony Wilson, but I still think she and Tony Morris work well, and they've been together onscreen for ten years now.

Nice end of the programme too, although I felt like there was something missing at the end, shame they couldn't have made a whole programme for it.
DJ
DJ Dave
wow Ten years together, that has gone quick. I think Lucy and Tony get on well, don't think it worked to well with Lucy and Rob back in 2001, but will agree Anthony Wilson was great with Lucy.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
I can't say I've ever noticed tension between Lucy and Tony either. They seem to work together in their own way.

Yes, the ending was a bit botched wasn't it? The music played too early and they could have taken a leaf out of the BBC's book: lights down, presenters walking off the set etc. As it happened it just felt rather lame. Oh well.
RD
RDJ
Absolutely zero mention of it on tonight's bulletin. Apart from her saying goodnight 'for the final time'.

You wouldn't have thought the oldest Television studios housing Britain's longest running soap would be shutting down after the poor send off it's been given. Then again the send off for TVC hasn't been much better!
VM
VMPhil
RDJ posted:
Absolutely zero mention of it on tonight's bulletin. Apart from her saying goodnight 'for the final time'.

I think you might want to check my video on the previous page.
NW
nwtv2003
RDJ posted:

The OP meant the post News At Ten bulletin, interestingly it was Rachel Townsend who presented it tonight, not Lucy or Tony like other nights, judging by Gordon Burns' Twitter they appear to be having a party at Quay Street tonight.
VM
VMPhil
RDJ posted:

The OP meant the post News At Ten bulletin

Ah, in that case my apologies.

Isn't tomorrow the final bulletin from Quay Street, with the first from MediaCity on Sunday?

Newer posts