TV Home Forum

BBC daytime revamp

BBC confirms ditching Children's programmes from BBC1, BBC2 (May 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BU
buster
I see the CBeebies Panto is repeated on BBC1 on Boxing Day - although it's on it's own rather than part of a "strand".
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
I read on the DS forums that CBBC & Cbeebies presenters did a final link together at 5.15. Is this true? Would love to see a clip of it.

The final link was recorded at the panto itself, with Hacker and Dodge watching from one of the boxes. The cast on stage reminded viewers to keep watching them on the CBeebies channel and then the two dogs said to watch them on the CBBC channel.

There were some links with all of the CBBC gang plus Andy and Alex from CBeebies, in the CBBC office before Blue Peter and then in the CBeebies house before the panto. It's only seeing them together that you can see just how huge a difference there is in presenting styles for the two age groups.
BA
bilky asko
I see the CBeebies Panto is repeated on BBC1 on Boxing Day - although it's on it's own rather than part of a "strand".

They did mention (I think) that some CBBC programmes may make it to BBC One.
JA
JAS84
Any future series of Horrible Histories for starters, since it's been shown outside the CBBC block before.
LL
London Lite Founding member
JAS84 posted:
Any future series of Horrible Histories for starters, since it's been shown outside the CBBC block before.

With Stephen Fry linking between the sketches in a Sunday tea-time slot.
ST
STEVE 03
Looking at the BBC2 schedules for w/c 12th January and it looks like BBC2 are going to be showing old b/w films every Saturday and Sunday mornings. They are showing 3 old gems back to back on Saturday morning 12th Jan from 6am until 9.30am and another old film on Sun 13th Jan as well from 6am until 8.05am.

The weekday schedules look good as well with BBC News at 11am and BBC World News at 11.30am Very Happy
MD
Mr D'Arcy
According to the RadioTimes online guide the EastEnders Omnibus is returning to daytime, repeated on BBC2 at 2.35pm to 4pm on Saturday 5th January and, bizarrely, again on Sunday 6th January at 11.30am - 12.55pm! I wonder if that's all the Christmas & New Year episodes. Surely they can't repeat the same thing the following day!
AM
amosc100
I'd rather see MoTD move from BBC1 to BBC2 and partner it with The Football League Show (like on Saturday evenings) on a Sunday morning.
GE
Gareth E
According to the RadioTimes online guide the EastEnders Omnibus is returning to daytime, repeated on BBC2 at 2.35pm to 4pm on Saturday 5th January and, bizarrely, again on Sunday 6th January at 11.30am - 12.55pm! I wonder if that's all the Christmas & New Year episodes. Surely they can't repeat the same thing the following day!

This is just the omnibus for week commencing 31 December split into two parts. Remember there are extra/extended episodes over New Year week.

The omnibus for this week is being shown in one single three-hour slot on Sunday 30 December on BBC Two.

Presumably the omnibus will return to its Friday night slot when its back to four 30-minute episodes from 7 January.
BR
Brekkie
I think it's already been confirmed it's moving to BBC2. And absolutely agree MOTD and the Football League Show should fill Sunday mornings on BBC2 rather than black and white films, then allowing Breakfast to run in full on BBC1. Football rights though are ridiculously restrictive considering how overpriced they are - it's possible they have to repeat MOTD by 9am (though that could still be on BBC2), while whether the Football League would approve of one scheduled showing on BBC2 over the hit and miss looped repeats on the red button is anyones guess, but I'd have thought a scheduled repeat is better for people not willing to stay up until 1am.
ST
STEVE 03

This is just the omnibus for week commencing 31 December split into two parts. Remember there are extra/extended episodes over New Year week.

The omnibus for this week is being shown in one single three-hour slot on Sunday 30 December on BBC Two.

Presumably the omnibus will return to its Friday night slot when its back to four 30-minute episodes from 7 January.

It looks like the EastEnders omnibus is going to be shown on BBC2 every Sunday morning at 11am looking at the schedules for the following week (w/c 12th Jan). This is far better than when it was scheduled on BBC1 on Friday nights.
GE
Gareth E

It looks like the EastEnders omnibus is going to be shown on BBC2 every Sunday morning at 11am looking at the schedules for the following week (w/c 12th Jan). This is far better than when it was scheduled on BBC1 on Friday nights.

I wonder what was the reason for moving it to the late-night Friday slot for a few months then? Testing ratings perhaps? Its not as if there hasn't been space in the Sunday schedules recently . . .

Newer posts