TV Home Forum

Ulster Region DSO

10/24 October (October 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PE
Pete Founding member
Cool What you couldn't see (or at least didn't notice) is that Digit Al was being held in place by a hole-punch.

Now I cannot un-see this. Curse you denton!
RI
Richard

That good ol' clock was generated by a box called a GNAT - Generator of Network Analogue Time.

the COW globe was generated by a very similar box

Originally yes. The COW globe that aired last night was not generated that way.

Pete's comment about the GNAT clock being recorded beforehand sounds right to me.

Thanks to theDamoirl for this.
WH
whoiam989
Pete posted:
Cool What you couldn't see (or at least didn't notice) is that Digit Al was being held in place by a hole-punch.

Still don't get it. What do you mean?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
This is going off-topic again, but what did the English Regions do about that flash photography announcement into the Ten as their announcements are pre-recorded?
MI
Michael
Pete posted:

Rolling Eyes

The stuffed toy model of Digit-Al (that annoying robot from the adverts) which was sitting atop the mechanical reflecting globe ident, was propped up by a thing that you use to punch holes in paper.
DV
dvboy
This is going off-topic again, but what did the English Regions do about that flash photography announcement into the Ten as their announcements are pre-recorded?

Does the Ten get announced regionally still? Can't say I've noticed as I'm usually watching on HD and don't remember to switch until I see the sports headlines.
WH
whoiam989
Pete posted:

Rolling Eyes

The stuffed toy model of Digit-Al (that annoying robot from the adverts) which was sitting atop the mechanical reflecting globe ident, was propped up by a thing that you use to punch holes in paper.

Will check it later on desktop. I'm mainly using smartphone nowadays, so may be that's why I haven't noticed through its small-sized screen (compared to desktop monitors).
Last edited by whoiam989 on 26 October 2012 3:24am
MI
Michael
I'm not remotely interested in what phone you're using, and no matter what screen size you have, as has been pointed out, you cannot see it!
JV
James Vertigan Founding member

Bit harsh! Laughing
RI
Richard
dvboy posted:

Does the Ten get announced regionally still? Can't say I've noticed as I'm usually watching on HD and don't remember to switch until I see the sports headlines.

They still do it. Apart from London, I think. I didn't see the ident, but what they often do in these situations is just have a network announcement, if there's a non-standard intro. Sometimes here in the North West they still put up the local ident, but just use the network audio on these occasions.
JA
jamie1992

Bit harsh! Laughing

I was tempted to say "How many non-annoying robots have you designed?" but this forum (unlike most nowadays) hasn't quite sunk to that level Smile
MI
Michael

Bit harsh! Laughing

I was tempted to say "How many non-annoying robots have you designed?" but this forum (unlike most nowadays) hasn't quite sunk to that level Smile

I only ever designed one robot, and it now does my housework for me, drives me to work and is a thorough and gentle lover.

Newer posts