TV Home Forum

UKTV

(August 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
David
JAS84 posted:
If a breakdown like this happens, shouldn't the +1 be taken down? It seems daft to rerun those shenanigans!

Dave ja vu shows what Dave showed an hour ago. It's kind of what they do. I turned to Dave ja va last night to see what happened on Dave an hour ago, I would have been disappointed if I didn't see what I turned over for.

Anyway, Dave ja vu wasn't exactly the same as Dave last night. Dave ja vu didn't show the three channel logos as described by the OP. I was disappointed.

36 days later

:-(
A former member
Flicking through the channels yesterday, I caught this quick flash of old presentation on GOLD - ironic considering the programme title:

http://tig.gy/?m=GOLD-UKG-1.jpg
A former member
I was told these title cards are burned into UK gold copies, others shows have these
ST
Stuart
I was told these title cards are burned into UK gold copies, others shows have these

I think Andy was pointing out the irony, rather than anything else . . . Wink
A former member
A bit of both really, Stu, but I've never seen it happen before.
LL
Larry the Loafer
It used to happen a lot late night/early morning when, for whatever reason, the automated timing was off and the old UK Gold slides would make appearances. I haven't seen it for a while. Seeing them again just makes me miss how good the UKTV network was back then - both presentation and programming wise.
DJ
DJ Dave
yeah they use to let a few slip on uktv g2 when red dwarf was on Laughing
PC
Paul Clark
Indeed, I remember when I saw an equivalent old break slide for Citizen Smith - there must be loads of shows before a certain date that have these slides 'burned in'...
MW
Mike W
They showed some episodes of The Bill from 1995/6 on Alibi a while back that had these burned on
MA
Maaixuew
There was also this from a showing of Red Dwarf VII

http://www.ganymede.tv/wp-content/uploads/oldviibumper.jpeg
WE
Westy2
At least it didnt have the channel logo on, like the earlier examples.
BE
benriggers
Do these slides pop up regularly or is it the case of "Blink and you'll miss it?"

Newer posts