TV Home Forum

X Factor 2012

Live show on Saturday - Final 12 revealed (June 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Does the series really come back this Saturday? Has any changes apart form one judge been made to the series?
SK
Sky786
Does the series really come back this Saturday? Has any changes apart form one judge been made to the series?

Yes, and not really. Although there were guest judges on whilst Nicole Scherzinger was being confirmed as a judge.
JA
jay Founding member
Apparently this series will allow contestants to perform their own written songs.
NG
noggin Founding member
jay posted:
Apparently this series will allow contestants to perform their own written songs.

And it will allow acts with existing managers to compete for the first time apparently.
MD
Mr2012DomDom_STV
I also hear a romour about a new set being designed for the lives show and I can't remember for the life of me where..?

I mean this will be the 4th year using the current set, I think it could do with some changes!!
SK
Sky786
Does anyone think this show has past it's sell by date?

Yes I'm one of those "not this rubbish again" people.

I'd agree on the most part. I usually skip the audition shows which are just cut together shows of people who can't sing. I prefer to watch the live shows.

And in reference to the show closing by other, it does get 10+million viewers which shows what a success it is. Although Simon Cowell doesn't see it like that!
SW
SWatson7
I also hear a romour about a new set being designed for the lives show and I can't remember for the life of me where..?

I mean this will be the 4th year using the current set, I think it could do with some changes!!

I'm sure I read last year that we'll be getting the American set this year (which is more or less the same), as will any other worldwide versions with the same set (at least France & Australia, not sure of any others). But after last years flopped in America, I do wonder if they'll bother even keeping that set themselves, let alone rolling it out across other countries.
:-(
A former member
The American set was pretty much the same as ours wasn't it?

Think I read somewhere that the American version was going for a complete different look this year after Cowell said he thought it looked too dark and serious last year. Not sure if that will extend over the Atlantic. All the American publicity shots so far have featured a lot of bright green and pink. Ours imply a tweak, but nothing radical.
TH
Thomas
I'm not sure I'd like us to get a replica of the American set, or a sweeping copy of the American appearance and layout of the show across the X Factor series. Despite the Americanisation of this country over the past few decades I think our television audience is at least a bit different to the American one. Most shows here have dark and serious sets and haven't had much of a problem with that. A bright set would probably send suggestions that it's all a bit of a joke to the viewers here, I think.
SW
SWatson7
The American set was pretty much the same as ours wasn't it?

Think I read somewhere that the American version was going for a complete different look this year after Cowell said he thought it looked too dark and serious last year. Not sure if that will extend over the Atlantic. All the American publicity shots so far have featured a lot of bright green and pink. Ours imply a tweak, but nothing radical.

It isn't really the set that's the problem with making the American one serious, it's the overall production values and the way they actually use the set. Whenever I watched it was often lit blue so it was dark, but its more or less the same as the British one yet the British one was usually lit red, yellow or orange and they used the lighting much more on performances, particularly upbeat ones or ones with joke acts. Also, the British show is much more tongue in cheek in the way it's produced, whereas the USA one came over a bit pretentious- just like how The Voice UK fell down in its final stages.
JW
JamesWorldNews
So, the line up is Louis Walsh, Tulisa, Nicole Scherzinger and Gary Barlow, right? Sounds great actually.
BP
bpmikey
So, the line up is Louis Walsh, Tulisa, Nicole Scherzinger and Gary Barlow, right? Sounds great actually.

I went to see the audition stages with the newl lineup, and they were pretty good. Nothing amazing but certaintly they will not detriment the show.

Newer posts