TV Home Forum

X Factor 2012

Live show on Saturday - Final 12 revealed (June 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JK08
Today Nicole Scherzinger (Apologies if that isn't spelled correctly) was announced as replacing Kelly Rowland as the fourth judge.

Out of all of the guest judges, I have to say that Nicole would've been at the very bottom of my list. She was fired from XFUS after one series so they think that she would be any better over here? All of the feedback that I've read so far has been negative and does nobody else find her voice annoying?

Personally, I think that this is a bad move for XFUK and after last year, I think that this could be yet another nail in the coffin..
Last edited by JK08 on 30 September 2012 8:51pm - 2 times in total
GM
Gary McEwan
JK08 posted:
Today Nicole Scherzinger (Apologies if that isn't spelled correctly) was announced as replacing Kelly Rowland as the fourth judge.

Out of all of the guest judges, I have to say that Nicole would've been at the very bottom of my list. She was fired from XFUS after one series so they think that she would be any better over here? All of the feedback that I've read so far has been negative and does nobody else find her voice annoying?

Personally, I think that this is a bad move for XFUK and after last year, I think that this could be yet another nail in the coffin..

Personally after bring in the Audience at the Glasgow auditions, I would have liked it have gone to Anastasia, she was bloody brilliant as a judge and got great reaction from the audience.
SW
SWatson7
JK08 posted:

Personally after bring in the Audience at the Glasgow auditions, I would have liked it have gone to Anastasia, she was bloody brilliant as a judge and got great reaction from the audience.

Shes doing a European tour in the autumn so wouldn't be able to commit to it, but if shes as good as the reviews she has gotten (people can often become OTT with these things) then I imagine she'll become a 'judge in waiting' along with Rita Ora for when Nicole & Tulisa respectively eventually leave.

Whilst shes far from the first person I'd want to get the job, I don't think it's a bad move. She's was big a name as they'll get and she was brilliant during X Factor 2010 with many wanting her to become permanent then. She didn't make the transition to X Factor USA so well and never really fit in, even in the earlier audition and bootcamp rounds. She must have also been under an immense amout of pressure, not just for being on the first massively hyped up season, but replacing Cheryl Cole too who got very good reviews and also she isn't that liked in America. She'll be much more comfortable here in the UK and I look forward to seeing how she works out. Nicole has always been destined for the job, and if Cheryl & Dannii ruled out a return, it was obvious the job was hers because anyone bigger (Katy Perry etc) are far too busy.

They should have gone for Geri Halliwell though, she could've been a bit of a loose cannon becoming a bit of a likable Sharon Osbourne figure which the show has been desperately missing for many years.
JO
Jon
They should have gone for Geri Halliwell though, she could've been a bit of a loose cannon becoming a bit of a likable Sharon Osbourne figure which the show has been desperately missing for many years.

Particularly when Sharon Osbourne was on it.

45 days later

SE
Square Eyes Founding member
5 new promos for X Factor 2012, featuring former acts looking back at their time on the show, a tagline 'whose time is now ?' and a silver ITV1 logo

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL39969B185BCE4CEF&feature=plcp
:-(
A former member
I would put money it that this could be the last year of the X factor.
GO
gottago
I would put money it that this could be the last year of the X factor.

Confused Well don't put more than a pound on it because you're certainly not going to see it again.
JB
JasonB
Does anyone think this show has past it's sell by date?

Yes I'm one of those "not this rubbish again" people.
BA
bilky asko

It's going the way of Big Brother. Britain's Got Talent is becoming tiresome too.
Last edited by bilky asko on 30 July 2012 1:06am
:-(
A former member

It's going the way of Big Brother. Britain's Got Talent is become tiresome too.

Didn't people also say this about New faces & Op knocks?
JO
Jon

Didn't people also say this about New faces & Op knocks?

And of course they're both going strong now.
TH
Thomas

It's going the way of Big Brother. Britain's Got Talent is becoming tiresome too.

I think the whole genre of reality singing/talent contests is starting to grind with the public. Perfect time for the BBC to rejoin the market I reckon!

Newer posts