TV Home Forum

BBC Three

(July 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GO
gottago
I couldn't find a BBC Three thread so I might as well start a new one.

As posted by Kargo on DS the schedule has been released for Friday 27th July. It seems they're starting the day before the Olympics, presumably to check that their systems know that BBC3 should be on air at this unusual time (oh I don't know how it works!)?

Anyway, it gives us a glimpse of what BBC3 might look like if it did start broadcasting during the day:

5:45am Total Wipeout
Richard Hammond hosts more crashes, smashes and hilarious mud splashes on the world's most ridiculou... (read more)
6:45am The Magic Roundabout
Big-screen remake of the children's TV series. When the evil wizard Zeebad threatens to entomb the w... (read more)
8:00am Doctor Who
Festive edition of the sci-fi drama. A madcap caretaker greets evacuee Madge Arwell and her two chil... (read more)
9:00am The Real Hustle
Hustlers Jess Clement, Alexis Conran, Paul Wilson, Jazz Lintott and Polly Parsons return to expose m... (read more)
9:30am The Real Hustle
Hustlers Jess Clement, Alexis Conran, Paul Wilson, Jazz Lintott and Polly Parsons return to expose m... (read more)
10:00am Great Movie Mistakes
Robert Webb exposes the cinematic blunders and gaffes that the film studios hoped they had got away... (read more)
11:00am First Daughter
The daughter of the president of the United States insists on being allowed to enjoy a 'normal' coll... (read more)
12:40pm Doctor Who
Festive edition of the sci-fi drama. A madcap caretaker greets evacuee Madge Arwell and her two chil... (read more)
1:40pm Snog, Marry, Avoid?
Britain's fakest fashion fiascos now have nowhere to hide as a new, upgraded POD and host Ellie Tayl... (read more)
2:10pm Don't Tell the Bride
Only the bravest brides would let their groom organise the biggest day of their life, by himself. Th... (read more)
3:10pm Revenge of the Bridesmaids
Sabotaging a Southern belle's big wedding becomes the mission of childhood friends Abigail and Parke... (read more)
4:30pm The Real Hustle
5:00pm The Real Hustle
5:30pm Snog, Marry, Avoid?
Britain's fakest fashion fiascos now have nowhere to hide as a new, upgraded POD and host Ellie Tayl... (read more)
6:00pm Don't Tell the Bride
Another brave bride is ready to take a back seat and let her groom organise their big day. Welsh ind... (read more)
7:00pm Top Gear USA
Motoring show. We find out what goes on in Rutledge's head as he takes control of the show and gets... (read more)
7:45pm Top Gear USA
Motoring show. The hosts buy each other what they think is the worst car in the country and set them... (read more)
8:30pm Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Disney family adventure. Pampered Hollywood chihuahua Chloe is taken on holiday to Mexico by her own... (read more)
10:00pm Russell Howard's Good News
Topical comedy show in which Russell Howard offers up his unique perspective on the news stories tha... (read more)
10:30pm Russell Howard's Good News
Topical comedy show in which Russell Howard offers up his unique perspective on the news stories tha... (read more)
11:00pm Family Guy
Animated comedy about the everyday trials and tribulations of family life. Brian offers to pick up S... (read more)
11:25pm Family Guy
Animated comedy series about the everyday trials and tribulations of family life. Brian and Stewie s... (read more)
11:45pm Family Guy
Subversive animated comedy about the trials and tribulations of American family life. When Brian lea... (read more)
12:10am Family Guy
Subversive animated comedy about the trials and tribulations of American family life. After Peter ca... (read more)
12:30am American Dad!
Animated adventures of a hapless CIA agent and his family. Steve is chosen to sing the national anth... (read more)
12:55am American Dad!
Animated adventures of a hapless CIA agent and his family. Unappreciated by Stan, Francine visits he... (read more)
1:15am American Dad!
Animated series about Stan Smith, who works for the CIA and is constantly on the alert for terrorist... (read more)
1:40am American Dad!
Animated series about Stan Smith, who works for the CIA and is constantly on the alert for terrorist... (read more)
2:00am Russell Howard's Good News
2:30am Russell Howard's Good News
3:00am Little Britain
Matt Lucas and David Walliams take a comic look at life in Britain. Emily and Florence play tennis w... (read more)
3:30am Olympics' Most Amazing Moments
Richard Bacon and Olympic hurdling medallist Colin Jackson count down the top 50 sublime, ridiculous... (read more)
5:30am Olympics 2012
Coverage of the opening ceremony, which officially starts at 9.00, with the eyes of the world focuse... (read more)

...perhaps it would be best if they just stuck to a 7pm start for the foreseeable future! Laughing
Last edited by gottago on 24 December 2013 12:23am - 3 times in total
VM
VMPhil
Repeats, repeats and more repeats!

To be expected really. Did BBC Choice have any new content before 7 before CBBC on Choice started?
MA
Markymark
Repeats, repeats and more repeats!

To be expected really. Did BBC Choice have any new content before 7 before CBBC on Choice started?

They had a live programme at 6pm called 'Backstage' presented by Faye Adams, roaming around TVC and other BBC sites with backstage gossip.

I can't recall what (if anything) was shown earlier, there were at times overspill sports coverage from 1 and 2.
DV
dvboy
Interesting that they have chosen to programme through 6:00am rather than have a junction there.
WE
Westy2
Theyre using Parly's slot arent they?

So what will broadcast in the normal Bbc 3 space while Parly's off air?

A caption?

(or if Im wrong, how does this work?)
JA
JAS84
The channel numbers will be the same as usual. CBBC normally has the daytime hours on BBC Three's frequency, so it's that what will effectively take Parliament's daytime hours. Parliament's channel number will just broadcast the standard red "off air" caption used during BBC Three, BBC Four, CBBC and Cbeebies downtime.
GO
gottago

A caption?

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that BBC3's normal post 7pm slot will be used for about 4 hours a night of additional Olympics (hence the return of 302). So after 7 there will be 4 Olympic streams for Freeview.

Also in pre-switchover areas CBBC will be on a different channel number for some reason (74 or something).
RO
rob Founding member
What a poor daytime schedule.
WE
Westy2
Wonder how much of that is edited for daytime?
DV
DVB Cornwall
rob posted:
What a poor daytime schedule.

It's only for a day so I think it's acceptable for that.
MA
Markymark

A caption?

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that BBC3's normal post 7pm slot will be used for about 4 hours a night of additional Olympics (hence the return of 302). So after 7 there will be 4 Olympic streams for Freeview.

Also in pre-switchover areas CBBC will be on a different channel number for some reason (74 or something).

Yes, it's to do with the fact that in the Tyne Tees and Ulster regions BBC Parliament is on a separate mux, to CBBC and BBC 3. So I think they put an MHEG place holder on 74 on Mux B in those two regions, and enticed viewers to run a rescan. Come July 27th that's where CBBC will be found in those regions.
BE
Ben Founding member
Wonder how much of that is edited for daytime?

Those programmes have all been shown pre-watershed before so I doubt any/much editing required.

Newer posts