Media Websites

Welcome to the new TV Forum!

(March 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MW
Mike W
When can we expect newer software? Growing tired of the header on here (it sort of gives me a headache!)
DA
David
When can we expect newer software? Growing tired of the header on here (it sort of gives me a headache!)

But on a serious note, I would like to add a feature request. It would be nice if when people posted a YouTube link, the forum also placed a link to the video on YouTube above or below the embeded video. This would benefit those people using devices that don't support Flash or people who don't want to load Flash at that time. It would then be possible to click on the YouTube link and have the device handle the YouTube link in it's native app.

It might even be possible to detect Flash and if it is available, display the embeded video and if it isn't, display a YouTube link instead.
JA
JAS84
We had downtime in the early hours of this morning. Why was that?
VM
VMPhil
JAS84 posted:
We had downtime in the early hours of this morning. Why was that?

https://twitter.com/tvforum/status/218860909735591937
JA
JAS84
Thanks.

26 days later

WE
Westy2
Next time there is a major upgrade, any chance of including a 'Facebook Log In' like Digital Spy please?

(And before the anti DS moaners start, I don't give a **** what you think. I think it would be more convient to have a login via a social network like Facebook. I need to change from my Hotmail address as Microsoft have stopped me accessing it, because I don't log in enough! I've had to swop to my GoogleMail address now, which I had to set up with my Android phone anyway!)
VM
VMPhil
Next time there is a major upgrade, any chance of including a 'Facebook Log In' like Digital Spy please?

(And before the anti DS moaners start, I don't give a **** what you think. I think it would be more convient to have a login via a social network like Facebook. I need to change from my Hotmail address as Microsoft have stopped me accessing it, because I don't log in enough! I've had to swop to my GoogleMail address now, which I had to set up with my Android phone anyway!)

I'd disagree with this, I'd rather keep my account separate from Facebook. If I'm given the option of logging in through Facebook or creating a separate account on a site, I always create a new account.
IT
itsrobert Founding member

I'd disagree with this, I'd rather keep my account separate from Facebook. If I'm given the option of logging in through Facebook or creating a separate account on a site, I always create a new account.

Same here. I don't want everyone (acquaintances, co-workers etc) knowing all my geeky interests Very Happy
AS
Asa Admin
Hmm, I'd best remove that feature then Very Happy

No, there's no plans to allow Facebook logins. I did briefly look into it but it's not something I'll pursue. Hopefully people don't have to change email addresses that often and if you did, but forgot to update TVF you're unlikely to miss any important emails. Be interested to know if anyone would like the option of logging in with their username or email address though?

One option the new site does have is being alerted to new topic posts through Twitter, as well as email. It requires you to be following @tvforum but that's more down to us only being able to send you a message that way (without filling up our public timeline).
DK
DanielK
If I subscribe to a topic, I get one notification email and then I don't get any after that. Is it just me?
WE
Westy2
Asa posted:
Hmm, I'd best remove that feature then Very Happy

No, there's no plans to allow Facebook logins. I did briefly look into it but it's not something I'll pursue. Hopefully people don't have to change email addresses that often and if you did, but forgot to update TVF you're unlikely to miss any important emails. Be interested to know if anyone would like the option of logging in with their username or email address though?

One option the new site does have is being alerted to new topic posts through Twitter, as well as email. It requires you to be following @tvforum but that's more down to us only being able to send you a message that way (without filling up our public timeline).

How about Facebook updates too?

Some of us refuse to do Twitter!
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Asa posted:
Be interested to know if anyone would like the option of logging in with their username or email address though?

That's a good idea, Asa. Forgetting your username isn't likely to be an issue for old gits like us who've been around these parts for ages (well, unless we start going senile Smile ) but for members who only occasionally log in it might be useful for them to be able to sign in with their email address.

Newer posts