TV Home Forum

Radio 1 Newsbeat

using corporate news music (January 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Moz
Just heard Radio 1 Newsbeat and they're using a version of the BBC News corporate theme!
GR
Gridster
Yes they are, and I like it.

It's very subtle, especially compared with the usual "stingy" sort of Newsbeat music that Radio 1 have liked to use over the previous few years.
AB
ashley b Founding member
Sounds a bit like the 'sombre' News 24 titles to me. Sounds a bit wierd at first, I like the headline 'sting' though.
JB
JB
They seem to like changing it every January without fail...

I wondered how long it would take them to use the corporate theme, although it does sound very BBC4. Quite nice, but not as punchy as the last one.
CC
CyberCD
I'm kind of used to them changing it every January now, and was wondering if they'd go for a generic BBC News-type theme.

Sounds a little bit BBC World to me?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Surprised Radio 1 went corporate before 5Live tbh
JA
Jamez
Newsbeats presentation is great - Andrew Fletcher was my fave newsreader, although he seems to have disappeared.

Chappers gets on my nerves - and now he's on UK Gold! arrghh

Georgina Bowman has a nice voice, if a little monotone.

Matt Barbet is v.good too.
RT
rts Founding member
Anyone got any captures?
NE
Newsroom
Mmmm, very nice indeed! Sounds like some more fantastic work from Mr Lowe!

You can hear it here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/main_news/main.shtml#0

Just click on Listen to Newsbeat at the top of the page
DA
DAS Founding member
Nice, but somehow I think it's lost its Radio 1 Newsbeat-ness. Not jazzy enough! In my opinion, the 1999 set was the best although the last set we've just had were good too. Vibe MI if I recall.
JA
Jamez
I only just heard it in the car, but from what I can remember it was similar to this quick mock I've just made. I may be way off the mark with it...

http://www.jamez.plus.com/r1mock.mp3

The voice is me, so don't laugh.
CJ
Chris J
I don't think much of the new music. I much prefured the old style. Sad

Newer posts