TV Home Forum

itv1 World Cup Breakbumpers

(May 2002)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Wrekin Havoc
Whataday posted:
tvmercia posted:
are scottish/grampian/htv wales/border scotland/utv/channel showing them? are any stations using regionally branded ones?

Why wouldn't they though? I can only speak for Wales, but we support England like we support Man Utd.

Well, I do anyway!

Good on you, Whataday....and Michael Owen's Welsh, anyway.
WH
Wrekin Havoc
Whataday posted:
tvmercia posted:
are scottish/grampian/htv wales/border scotland/utv/channel showing them? are any stations using regionally branded ones?

Why wouldn't they though? I can only speak for Wales, but we support England like we support Man Utd.

Well, I do anyway!

Good on you, Whataday...and Michael Owen's Welsh, anyway.
AN
Andrew Founding member
tvmercia posted:

Border Scotland are showing them, because they arn't a separate from Border England hardly.

UTV and Scottish/Grampian don't even use the normal ITV1 Break bumpers do they?
TV
tvmercia Founding member
Andrew posted:
tvmercia posted:

Border Scotland are showing them, because they arn't a separate from Border England hardly.

thanks for clearing that up - i only asked because i know if scotland had of qualified and england not, i wouldnt want to see scottish breakbumpers etc. ..... because i dont support scotland.
MA
Marty Founding member
Scottish & Grampian are not using the world cup break bumpers. They are continuing to use their normal ones. Since the world cup ones have England on them, I can only imagine the howls of protest from Scottish & Grampian viewers if they did use them.
SO
Simon Owen Founding member
Wrekin Havoc posted:

...and Michael Owen's Welsh, anyway.

He was born in the Countess of Chester Hospital in, er, England. So that would make him English then (hence the national side he plays for)
MI
Mich Founding member
tvmercia posted:
Andrew posted:
tvmercia posted:

thanks for clearing that up - i only asked because i know if scotland had of qualified and england not, i wouldnt want to see scottish breakbumpers etc. ..... because i dont support scotland.

Well maybe but if Scotland had have qualified I would have supported them against any opponent other than England. I'd prefer, if England can't win atleast a British team to win. Although both are unlikely (read: VERY unlikely for Scotland).
SA
TheSaint
Simon Owen posted:
Wrekin Havoc posted:

...and Michael Owen's Welsh, anyway.

He was born in the Countess of Chester Hospital in, er, England. So that would make him English then (hence the national side he plays for)

Err actually he is from flintshire, North Wales so he is in fact err... welsh it just so happens that the hospital in Chester was their nearest
SO
Simon Owen Founding member
I am well aware of where he lives / has lived and what the nearest hospitals are. I was just pointing out that as far as the football is concerned, he is English because he was born in England.
Of course, if you're talking about legal nationality, he is British.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Is anyone able to capture today's breakbumper? Because I think it looks a bit different than yesterdays
AN
Andrew Founding member
square eyes posted:
Wonder if we'll get World Cup idents on ITV1, like we got with the Brit Awards.

It would be good if they did.
But for the sake of my sanity reading this forum, I hope they don't! Very Happy
IT
ITV Channel Islands
Visting my parents in Meridian land at the moment but have been watching Channel and there are using the bumper breaks which is cool as Channel never use any kind of bumper usually. We usually do however get the Meridian one when Channel fall asleep!

Dave - Jersey
Channel Television - Breaking with Tradition

Newer posts