TV Home Forum

US TV & radio

(July 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SN
SkyNews
I've finally arrived in NY & its hot! Some of you would have been interested in the special graphics & stings that BA use in between their programmes on their 8 channels of different video to watch. I even enjoyed BBC World News & a special programme BBC World News WEEK!

In the limo from JFK (hey, doesn't everyone - they're cheaper than taxis) I could only pick up FM & what rubbish it was. Alex in NY, you might be aware of 102.7FM - they were talking at 3:30pm about gay sex & sex toys - I'm very suprised what they got away with.

I'm desperate to hear some proper English (not US drivel!), as Dean commented to someone last night in BB he was intellectually stimulated!

To the bedroom where I arrived 1/2 hr ago. All the US stations. NY1 News graphics are tacky - including clipart of yellow school buses! CNN - great studio!

BUT no BBC (America) - I never thought I'd want the Beeb

The free net connection in the hotel (very fast even compared to my ISDN at home) the computer has no sound working on it so I can't listen to proper English on Net.

More later!

Got to rush out I'm eating at a resturant's billboard site. They have got 2 billboards in NY & have a table for 4 at each - high above the street. Intrigued, I'm not to sure what it is either.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
I love NY! We went in a limo too to Broadway. Anyway, did BBC World use any special idents etc. for the special Week programme?

Ooh Good, I'm going away to USA in a few weeks, I'll be able to check! If they do I'll ask the air hostess very nicely to give me the tape (I very kuch doubt it!!)
SZ
Sub Zero
Chesh, you are in New York. Don't waste your time on TV! GO SEE THE SIGHTS! (and buy Empire State Building replicas and stuff!)#
By the way, have fun. It's a good city. (A bit like a big leeds!)
Wink I wish
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Sub Zero posted:
Chesh, you are in New York. Don't waste your time on TV! GO SEE THE SIGHTS! (and buy Empire State Building replicas and stuff!)#
Wink I wish

Chesh? Isn't SkyNews you're on about?
AL
alekf
American radio is certifiably the WORST RADIO IN THE WORLD! Don't even look at local tv news or local news networks. THEY'RE TRASH!

It's very difficult living in this 'third-world media' country:)
DA
Davidjb Founding member
Well next year i am supposed to be going to Australia with a mate. I must remember to pack a tape with my hat with dangly corks.
DA
Davidjb Founding member
Nobodys posted for 1/2 an hour. Now thats a first. Just ignore me im just feeling great tonight.
JA
Jamez
itsrobert posted:
Sub Zero posted:
Wink I wish

Chesh? Isn't SkyNews you're on about?

ROFL!!

Theres some people on this forum that wish Chesh was in a foreign country!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Well he disappeared tonight.
AL
alekf
Have you check out Chesh's site lately. He's now incharge of the satellite section of TV Home. He has the template up on his issite with the Sky News section (surprise). Anyway, his real names Tom Davis
SE
Think you'll find that's TV Ark, not TV Home.
SE
Oh and have you read the topic, 'Where is everyone tonight ?' in General Chat.

Cheshirec has left the forum.

Newer posts