not sure about LWT i think its Odeon

Either way we get the national graphix

LWT use Powergen
CT
ctuk
DAS posted:

Carlton/Westcountry = ?

Anyone know the rest?

(Edited by DAS at 6:44 pm on June 27, 2001)

Is'nt Carlton Westcountry sponsered by Flambard Theme Park or am i imaginging it. I'm sure it has a balloon floating on the graphics.
JO
johnny
jnlplj1 posted:
mdta posted:
Calrton London use amarada

LWT use Powergen

No No No ITV use Powergen
LWT use Warner Village Cinemas before that it was Bupa for a month or so, then nothing & before that all i can remember wal Legal & General
Calron use Amerada although I don't remeber what they used before

However I think at one time LWT & Carlton had the same sponser
Wink
JO
johnny
johnny posted:
jnlplj1 posted:
mdta posted:

LWT use Powergen

LWT use Warner Village Cinemas before that it was Bupa for a month or so, then nothing & before that all i can remember wal Legal & General

However I think at one time LWT & Carlton had the same sponser
Wink

SAorry I don't know why the above paragraph came out as a quote when I just typed it in I will try again

However I think at one time LWT & Carlton had the same sponser;)
SU
SpiringUnhacked
mdta posted:

LWT and Carlton (London) both have London Tonight as their news programme, I assumed they had the same weather programme too, but I was wrong! BTW, the national graphics are due to ITN sharing LWTs offices, AFAIK.
JO
johnny
SpiringUnhacked posted:
mdta posted:

LWT and Carlton (London) both have London Tonight as their news programme, I assumed they had the same weather programme too, but I was wrong! BTW, the national graphics are due to ITN sharing LWTs offices, AFAIK.

Yeah LWT has chnaged to the new ITV widescreen wether graphics but carlton still have the old ones by the way on the subject of the weather how come the bBC national weather is no longer in widescreen:?
SU
SpiringUnhacked
rdd posted:
Legal and General sponsored the weather back in the Ulster Television days of 1992.
I believe they sponsored ALL local weather on ITV back then - they definately did YTV and Grampian - same ident, but with the correct regions logo at the end. See TV50.
BH
BillyH Founding member
johnny posted:

LWT use Warner Village Cinemas

No,no,NO!!! Confused Confused Confused I have NO recollection of LWT sponsering it! Ok,what are the sponsor things like? Razz: Razz: Razz: Razz: Razz: Razz: Razz:

Very Happy
SU
SpiringUnhacked
Billy Hicks88 posted:
johnny posted:

No,no,NO!!! Confused Confused Confused I have NO recollection of LWT sponsering it!  Ok,what are the sponsor things like? Razz: Razz: Razz: Razz: Razz: Razz: Razz:

Very Happy
You misunderstood - he said Warner sponsor LWT weather.
SN
Steve Naylor
Quote:

Yeah LWT has chnaged to the new ITV widescreen wether graphics but carlton still have the old ones by the way on the subject of the weather how come the bBC national weather is no longer in widescreen:?

I think the BBC changed back from widescreen because of complaints that people could not read the writing - too small or something - but they seem to be bringing widescreen back gradually. The Sunday Ten O'Clock news when Panorama follows as the weather in the programme and it's widescreen and the One has just started doing that everyday. On the Six in the studio, it's also obviously in widescreen.

I think it looks much better in widescreen...
JO
johnny
Billy Hicks88 posted:
johnny posted:

No,no,NO!!! Confused Confused Confused I have NO recollection of LWT sponsering it!  Ok,what are the sponsor things like? Razz: Razz: Razz: Razz: Razz: Razz: Razz:

Very Happy

Chill out man sorry about the shouting it's just that your the third person (I think) to say that LWT is sponsered by Powergen when it never has been it was Legal & General back then when sponsers appeared by the way does anyone have a screen shot of the LWT Legal & Genral sponser thing
DA
DAS Founding member
LWT's weather is DEFINITELY sponsored by Warner Village cinemas, and Carlton's is amerada.co.uk.

The reason London weather has corporate graphics is because the ITV weather is produced in the London Tonight studio at South Bank. So once the ITV weather has finished, the London weather comes on, and the presenter says: 'Hello again...'

Newer posts