TV Home Forum

UK Food

(October 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RW
RW
BBC Kids is a new channel which accompanies BBC Canada.

There is as yet no date set for the launch of the two children's channels in the UK; it's highly probable that none of the BBC's new channels will launch until they get the go ahead for BBC3.
CO
Conrad
Tell me this ain't true! The BBC have broken my heart! All that hype for nothing! I'm gonna go and cry ... Sad Sad
MI
Mich Founding member
Conrad posted:
Tell me this ain't true! The BBC have broken my heart! All that hype for nothing! I'm gonna go and cry ... Sad Sad

Hype who/where from?
MI
Mich Founding member
Conrad posted:

Their ident's sooo predictable though; it'll be spinning fruit and revolving plates with UK Food appearing underneath! UK Style's sister channel methinks!

You must be thinking of the old look UK Style, I think UK Food looks great, nice and different. The UK TV family of channels now looks great. Also to stop some of the moaners they should make UK Gold 2 a proper channel with older stuff, and of course some nice new idents Very Happy .
LS
Larry Scutta
StandUpAndBeSeated posted:

The little arrangement of squares/rectangles on UK Style obviously is meant to look like modern art (as well as representing the way the images on the rest of the screen are split up in the idents) a

It's paving stones!!! Razz: Smile Very Happy
RY
ryan
BBC this and BBC that! Grr! It makes me so jealous that I don't have a channel!

Actually I do: BBC None
SU
SpiringUnhacked
Don't have a channel? But you've put London as your TV region!
CR
The Crowdman
It could be worse - you could be seeing BBC Nine! lol! Razz:Anyway the BBC UK kids services will have names - the younger kids service will be called CBBC Playbox - dunno what the older kids one is yet tho... Confused
RW
RW
'BBC So' is one name I've seen mentioned for the older children's channel (as www.bbc.co.uk/so), but I don't think that's terribly likely. I also saw that they may not call the younger channel BBC Playbox after all.
CR
The Crowdman
Maybe they'll call it Toybox to tie in with the BBC magazine of the same name? Like CBBC On Choice, Toybox mag features Playdays, Tubbies, Tweenies, Brum, Bill + Ben, and so forth...
SU
SpiringUnhacked
RW posted:
'BBC So' is one name I've seen mentioned for the older children's channel (as http://www.bbc.co.uk/so), but I don't think that's terribly likely. I also saw that they may not call the younger channel BBC Playbox after all.
There, the link should work now.
MI
Mich Founding member
SpiringUnhacked posted:
RW posted:
'BBC So' is one name I've seen mentioned for the older children's channel (as http://www.bbc.co.uk/so), but I don't think that's terribly likely. I also saw that they may not call the younger channel BBC Playbox after all.
There, the link should work now.

I think we could have worked that out spiring, have a look at one of Chesh's posts in the Lounge I think under 'Which Way?' and take notice of it!

Newer posts