TV Home Forum

Exclusive News for TV Forum

(September 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MU
multichannel
The SKY News relaunch will be on Sunday 30th September at 0600.
The new studio, video wall and new on-screen graphics will all be revealed on this day.
They are moving studio again the week before this, to allow rehersals in the new-look studio and newsroom.
This is a exclusive for the TV Forum, so apologies for anyone p'd off that I've started a new thread.

(Edited by itsrobert at 10:20 pm on Sep. 12, 2001)
IS
Isonstine Founding member
Beginning of August, 3rd September, 24th September and now the 30th September. Are Sky actually going to make their mind up when they plan to relaunch?

So which date is correct? 24th or 30th? It was postponed 3 weeks so the 24th sounds the most sensible. (ie 3 weeks later)

Well who knows, it'll be Christmas before they even relaunch the damn thing anyway!
CA
cat
Why?
BH
BillyH Founding member
YES!!!!!!!!

I'll have NTL Digital by then!!!!!

Ah,happy day....
KA
Katherine Founding member
How much does it cost to have digital/satellite television these days? And how long is it until all analogue's switched off? Plus, will my analogue-pictured video tapes run on a fully digital television?
RY
ryan
I agree Ison - Sky need to make up their minds when to re-launch.

I don't usually watch Sky News but their coverage over the Terrorist Attack on America has been brilliant. So good, I've actually been watching it more than News 24 (even though I prefer BBC News 24).
BH
BillyH Founding member
Kathrine:I'm getting NTL Digital and it's gonna be BRILLIANT. FREE Set Top box installation,semi-TV internet,TV e-mail,and 4 pound each for packs. ALL channels cost 43 pounds,I'm getting 38 channels (All kids channels (Including ones i won't watch for obvious reasons,Nick Junior and Trouble) And ones like UK Gold,UK Gold2,Challenge TV,BBC Choice,BBC Parliment,BBC Knowledge..All this,38 channels,TV internet and e-mail,appox 10 pay per view movies per day,play games online,even a Personal Planner:All this,and the 38 channels,just: 22 pounds,originally 18 last year.

Brilliant eh?
ST
Stoo
Boy,am i so missing Look and Read,here at school.Confused
SU
SpiringUnhacked
Katherine posted:
How much does it cost to have digital/satellite television these days? And how long is it until all analogue's switched off? Plus, will my analogue-pictured video tapes run on a fully digital television?
Analogue satellite September 27th. Analogue terrestrial 2007?
RO
Roxof
Katherine posted:
{snyppe}
Plus, will my analogue-pictured video tapes run on a fully digital television?

Hi Katherine

An interesting question.

As things evolve, first i expect TVs will no longer have analogue tuners (so, the analogue RF output from present-day video players wouldn't work without an add-on digitiser but SCART still would).

Later, perhaps the (analogue) SCART standard might be dropped - i'd imagine that by this stage most TVs will have digital displays driven straight from the digital signal.

By then it would be high time to transfer your cherished videos to whatever the recording medium of the day might be (solid-state, presumably) before they wear out completely...

Smile
MD
mdta
you skipped out the optical medium, surely that will replace scart

Newer posts