TV Home Forum

Last X Factor next year

NEWSPAPER RUMOUR (April 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ID
Identity
UPDATE:as you can see this thread has been closed due to its not critique or MikeW that started it.

I read in a newspaper yesterday (I think it was the sun) that next year will be the last X Facor.
this year will be the last year for current presenter Dermit and the final series will be presented by current Xtra Factor hosts Caroline and Ollie.

I think the two of them will be good as the main show presenters, what do you think?
Last edited by Identity on 9 April 2012 10:59pm - 2 times in total
VM
VMPhil
I don't think that's definite just yet. I believe Simon Cowell said that if this year's show decreases in popularity more then the last series, then the series after that will probably be the last so the show doesn't just keep going on like Big Brother, and is remembered for ending at its peak.

Arguably, the peak was the 2010 series with Matt Cardle. The last series was just underwhelming for many reasons, didn't really reach the heights of 2010. I for one hope this new series will be a lot better.

Then again, I still miss the auditions format without the audience.
ID
Identity

Then again, I still miss the auditions format without the audience.

I agree
SW
SWatson7
Its all hype on Simon's part to get people to watch and to get a higher bid from ITV. It's A very lucrative show and even if it fell back down to 8-9m viewers as it had for the first 4 years then it would still be very profitable and a good platform for his acts.

ITV can't afford to lose it but with last years ratings down by quite a bit, ITV will adjust their bid for the 2014 onwards rights accordingly. If Simon publicly says he is considering ending it then that bid suddenly shoots back up again. All X Factor needs is a bit of stability anyway. SCD had a blip a few years back but rode it out and now its stronger than ever. If X Factor can get the same panel back (with only Kelly yet to sign) and a stronger top 16 then it will be fine for another few years.
JO
Jon
Can we have this thread deleted as it's without foundation, apart from some article in a Sunday newspaper.

And the title is very misleading.

If ITV were to lose The X Factor and The Voice remains strong on the beeb, I'm sure ITV would try their upmost to get The Voice.
BR
Brekkie
Even with it's falling ratings it was still the highest rated TV show last year - and it won't go off air until Simon has a ready made replacement for it.

What happens in the US will be a big factor - X Factor USA could of course get axed this autumn or next, or after the third Idol under it's current contract next year FOX might make a decision that only one of Idol and TXF will continue for the 2013/14 series - so either X Factor would be axed or likely take the Idol slot, freeing up Simon for the autumn here. He might then return to The X Factor here or launch a "new" format which is essentially the same but different.
DO
dosxuk
If ITV were to lose The X Factor and The Voice remains strong on the beeb, I'm sure ITV would try their upmost to get The Voice.

As opposed to a new Cowell concept (which could borrow heavily from The Voice)?
JO
Jon

Perhaps a talent show with David Blunkett, Stevie Wonder and Judi Dench (of the future) as judges?
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Until Cowell is properly off-the-boil, there's not a chance in hell ITV would buy the Voice instead of one of his programmes.

That would be biting the hand that feeds.
TR
TROGGLES
Every year Cowell manipulates the media with various stories.

Shock horror contestant does this that or the other. Intruder at Cowells house. Last in series.

He gives the the press media (particularly Murdoch's) want they want to hear & they lap it up to sell newspapers.

Its difficult to believe some still go on believing it all & buying the drivell.
MA
manclad
Quote:
Can we have this thread deleted as it's without foundation, apart from some article in a Sunday newspaper.

And the title is very misleading.

You call for the thread to be deleted but then instantly go on to contribute to it. ?????
JC
JCB
Quote:
I believe Simon Cowell said that if this year's show decreases in popularity more then the last series, then the series after that will probably be the last so the show doesn't just keep going on like Big Brother, and is remembered for ending at its peak.

Yeah, because that's so Simon Cowell isn't it?. He's renowned for his integrity. Quitting while ahead rather than milking something for every last £/$.

Newer posts