TV Home Forum

Elisabeth Sladen dies

Elisabeth Sladen, who played Sarah Jane in Doctor Who, has died at the age of 63. (April 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
Neil__
She had filmed six out of 12 episodes from the next series of Sarah Jane. I would still air them in a special dedication to her week around Christmas and finally film a special 1 hour episode which is the death of Sarah Jane because it would be a shame to not have her character killed off if the actress has.

How do you know how many have been filmed? have they definitely got all the filming they need to be able to complete these episodes?

I'd rather not see Sarah Jane killed off. Let her continue to defend the Earth, even if we don't get to see her at it any more.
JA
JAS84
They've filmed what would've been episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 11 and 12.
AxG posted:
Really shocked by this, did not know she was suffering from cancer. Hopefully there will be a "Dedicated to..." caption at the end of the first Doctor Who episode. RIP Elisabeth Sladen. Sad Crying or Very sad
A joint one with Nicholas Courtney (the Brigidier), who died last month, I expect.

RIP Lis Sad
PA
paul_hadley
RIP Elisabeth. One of the true Doctor Who greats.

According to Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Sarah_Jane_Adventures_serials - filming had completed for three stories of the new Sarah Jane series and the final three stories haven't been filmed.
MW
Mike W
Rest in peace, Lis.
Last edited by Mike W on 20 April 2011 4:45pm
PA
pad
This news has broken my heart a little bit.

Liz was a tremendous and accomplished actress, and both in and out of role exuded warmth and kindness. A beautiful lady who looked sensational for her age, she will be sorely missed by two generations of Doctor Who fans and young people who enjoyed SJA.

Very poignant quote from Russell T. Davies about the news: "The universe was lucky to have Sarah Jane Smith; the world was lucky to have Lis." So true.

RIP Elizabeth.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
That's a very nice way to put it, pad.

Don't normally contribute to threads of this nature, but her passing has made me feel very, very sad; and I think I'll make an exception this time.

Thanks for the memories, Lis.
CR
Critique
Apart from the Newsround special at 9am, as seen elsewhere in the thread, are they running the SJA repeats as normal? They've even got a promotion for SJA on Blue Peter, where they show a code every week. I've said it once, albeit in a different way, and I'll say it again - may she Rest in Peace.
WA
watchingtv
There will be a tribute this weekend, Although I haven't followed Doctor Who much nor Sarah Jane Adventures but I heard the news on the way home and couldn't believe what I had heard. I remember I think last year she made an appearance on Blue Peter I had watched. It is a great shame she was unable to finish filming and have a break.
Quote:
Doctor Who will pay tribute to Elisabeth Sladen when the show returns for a new series this Saturday.

The actress, loved for her portrayal of investigative journalist Sarah Jane Smith, passed away yesterday morning after battling cancer.

Asked if a tribute to Sladen will be featured on the upcoming episode, a spokesperson for Doctor Who told Digital Spy that the show's production team are "planning something suitable".

However, further information on what that might include is not yet available.

Source: DS http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a315556/doctor-who-planning-elisabeth-sladen-tribute.html
DI
digipal
RIP Elizabeth

Watching Sarah Jane Smith on Dr Who, so many years ago in my formative years, you'll always be my definative DW companion

Such sad news... Crying or Very sad
JA
JAS84
There will be a tribute this weekend, Although I haven't followed Doctor Who much nor Sarah Jane Adventures but I heard the news on the way home and couldn't believe what I had heard. I remember I think last year she made an appearance on Blue Peter I had watched. It is a great shame she was unable to finish filming and have a break.
Quote:
Doctor Who will pay tribute to Elisabeth Sladen when the show returns for a new series this Saturday.

The actress, loved for her portrayal of investigative journalist Sarah Jane Smith, passed away yesterday morning after battling cancer.

Asked if a tribute to Sladen will be featured on the upcoming episode, a spokesperson for Doctor Who told Digital Spy that the show's production team are "planning something suitable".

However, further information on what that might include is not yet available.

Source: DS http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a315556/doctor-who-planning-elisabeth-sladen-tribute.html
The article you quoted has been updated:
Quote:
It has now been confirmed that a 15-minute tribute titled My Sarah Jane: A Tribute to Elisabeth Sladen will be broadcast on Saturday at 6.45pm on the CBBC channel, directly after Doctor Who on BBC One.
WE
Westy2
Slightly off topic, but is the actor who plays Rani's dad in these 'still to be transmitted episodes' as he now appears to be in the current Eastenders regular cast as their regular doctor character?
CR
Critique
Slightly off topic, but is the actor who plays Rani's dad in these 'still to be transmitted episodes' as he now appears to be in the current Eastenders regular cast as their regular doctor character?

Indeed he is.

Newer posts