The Gallery

Channel 6

Mock design by 'james' of TV Forum (April 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james
Mock Design Challenge Winner!

Thought I would give The Gallery Design Challenge a go, so here is my design. It would be clean and simple with a number six created out of three individual shapes. The idents would revolve around everyday life before stopping on a version of the 'Channel 6' logo (the logo could be hand drawn, painted or computer animated). The image will then blur and the 'real' logo will appear along with other text such as 'subtitles'. I have also designed a end promotion slide and a breakdown slide.

Below : Channel 6 Ident 'Desk' (the camera slowly moves to the right along the desk before slowing on a hand-drawn Channel 6 logo.

The D.O.G would be 20% visible and would be situated within the safe areas for non-widescreen TV's. The IPP would animate on the screen and would be shown for around 10 seconds :

Below is the end slide for a programme promotion used on the channel:

The slide the viewers should hopefully never see - the Channel 6 breakdown slide:

The production slide will be used on programming created by Channel 6 for other channels:

So there we go. My ideas for the design challenge. If people like this design I may elaborate it further by creating more ident stills and other bits of various on screen presentation.
Last edited by james on 2 April 2011 10:42pm - 2 times in total
AG
AxG
Not bad, but I'm sure people would comment on how "CHANNEL" is attached to the logo, like what was going on with the new Channel 5 logo.

Edit: That DOG is going to get a lot of complaints.
Last edited by AxG on 2 April 2011 10:02pm
JA
james
AxG posted:
Not bad, but I'm sure people would comment on how "CHANNEL" is attached to the logo, like what was going on with the new Channel 5 logo.

To be fair I don't see how it would gain lots of complaints. It isn't full colour (20% opacity) and it is of normal size (same size as other broadcasters).
AG
AxG
james posted:
AxG posted:

To be fair I don't see how it would gain lots of complaints. It isn't full colour (20% opacity) and it is of normal size (same size as other broadcasters).

Really, comparing it to Channel 5's, it's almost twice the size in height.
JA
james
I never noticed how large it was compared to the 'real' broadcasters. Changed the DOG to make it smaller (almost by half) and less bright (15% opacity). I have also dropped the 'Channel' from under the logo on the DOG as it was almost illegible on a 19inch monitor.

Hope that pleases the Channel 6 viewers! Laughing
AG
AxG
Very pleased. Smile
JA
james
I have added a few more things to the mock. Firstly here is a (unfinished, beta) version of the Channel 6 website :

http://up.metropol247.co.uk/jammy/Channel6Online.html

I have also changed the end slide for trailers to a colored background :

Below is a end slide from a trailer for the channel with a sponsorship section:

Font used : Maven Pro designed by Vissol - http://www.vissol.co.uk/mavenpro/
Last edited by james on 10 April 2011 9:35pm
MI
Michael
The channel 6 BSOD? Laughing
JA
james
The channel 6 BSOD? Laughing

What type of BSOD do you get on your computer?? Shocked
JA
james
Another update:

Below : Channel 6 Ident 'Kitchen' (the camera slowly moves to the right along the food in a cupboard before slowing on a Channel 6 tin.

Last edited by james on 3 April 2011 2:08pm
JA
james
Yet another update:

Below : Channel 6 Ident 'Tool shed / Garage' (the camera slowly moves to the right along the floor of a garage before slowing on a Channel 6 logo displayed on a set of instructions.

LT
LTSC1980
The Logo is really like TV3 in Ireland.

Newer posts