Media Websites

TV Forum's 10th Birthday

Celebrating 10 years online - 22/03/11 (March 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james
Just thought I would create a thread for the 10th birthday of TV Forum (10 years online tomorrow). Although I have only been online for 3 years, 5 months, 27 days (not that I am counting) I have seen some of the changes to the forum. From the new forum software on the 28th March 2009 to the LIVE chat for the 2010 election. So what will the forum be like in 10 years time? More arguments on the discussion of rotas, people saying that BBC One needs new idents and certain people wanting every channel on air to go by a shortened name. What ever happens in the future I would just like to say Happy 10th Birthday TV Forum. Now where's the cake! Very Happy
Last edited by james on 23 March 2011 7:32am - 2 times in total
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
That recap of events was worthy of Tumble Tower himself.
PE
Pete Founding member
It sickens me that this thread has been created a day early.
VM
VMPhil
Pete posted:
It sickens me that this thread has been created a day early.

If that sickens you, it would be interesting to hear what else does Laughing
PE
Pete Founding member
If that sickens you, it would be interesting to hear what else does Laughing

Chocolate Orange total gives me the boke.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Happy Birthday TVF and thanks to Asa and crew for giving us a place to visit.
BB
BBC LDN
I was wondering what treatment the logo would get for the tenth anniversary, and you didn't disappoint. An excellent choice, and a fitting little tribute to a decade of our wonderful community.

Thanks to Asa, moderators past and present, and everyone who contributes to TV Forum in their own way to make it such a great place to visit (however much we might enjoy complaining about it from time to time). Here's to the next ten years.
RO
rob Founding member
As someone who has been here almost since the beginning, it's a delight to see the site celebrate its tenth anniversary. Happy birthday TV Forum, and thank you Asa and moderators past and present for providing us enthusiasts with a place to discuss TV presentation.
MD
mdtauk
Today should be a happy occasion, but it isn't totally, because I was here since day one of the site, and I am now 10 years older. I was 16 when I joined from TV Home.

So happy birthday TV Forum, you old b'stard! Laughing Crying or Very sad
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
And finally...

How the heck have we reached 10 years already? I say it every year, but these birthdays come round quicker every year! Are we sure we're not celebrating it twice a year? Laughing
GW
Gareth Williams
Happy 10 years TV Forum Very Happy . I discovered this forum sometime in 2006 but didn't become a member until early 2007 and have been posting on here occasionally ever since. Anyway here is to another ten years Very Happy Wink .
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Just to add - I'm rather disappointed we didn't get something like this organised: http://www2.tv-ark.org.uk/tvark10years/index.html

Newer posts