TV Home Forum

X Factor 2011

(March 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LJ
Live at five with Jeremy
Very sad news regarding the coming series: Konnie Huq is relinquishing her role as host of Xtra Factor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1367741/Konnie-Huq-axed-years-Xtra-Factor.html
VM
VMPhil
IMO, she wasn't right for the show and I didn't watch any Xtra Factor last year. Holly was much better, much more energetic.
DJ
DJ Dave
yeah she was pants, Holly was so much better just need to get rid of Dermot now Laughing
GO
gottago
Very sad news regarding the coming series: Konnie Huq is relinquishing her role as host of Xtra Factor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1367741/Konnie-Huq-axed-years-Xtra-Factor.html

By very sad you mean very good right? She was brilliant at creating truly awkward moments that I am sure I will watch over and over again online when I'm in the mood of finding something utterly cringeworthy and dreadful to watch but as a presenter of a programme like this she was appalling.
LJ
Live at five with Jeremy
IMO, she wasn't right for the show and I didn't watch any Xtra Factor last year. Holly was much better, much more energetic.

Well that's hypocritical. You didn't watch any Xtra factor last year yet you have the audacity to criticise Konnie. How can you claim Holly was better if you didn't even watch Konnie?

She was fantastic and IMO she should present the main show or even move across the atlantic and do X Factor in America.
BA
Badger264
Konnie was compulsive viewing for all of the wrong reasons Laughing .
VM
VMPhil

Well that's hypocritical. You didn't watch any Xtra factor last year yet you have the audacity to criticise Konnie. How can you claim Holly was better if you didn't even watch Konnie?

She was fantastic and IMO she should present the main show or even move across the atlantic and do X Factor in America.

I saw some of the first show but turned off. Saw some more of her live/pre-recorded at a friends house. So didn't watch a full episode. But she came across as very dull, not right for The X Factor, in comparison to Ben/Fearne/Holly.
BR
Brekkie
A question your emotional judgement to call this "very sad news". It was inevitable news and though she improved, she was never the right choice for the job and only got it as everyone else turned it down.
LJ
Live at five with Jeremy
VirginMediaPhil - you are back peddling somewhat, you said first you didn't watch any Xtra factor when konnie was host, now you say you watched a small amount in a friends house. Its unfair to comment on how good she was considering you didn't get an overall view of her superb presenting skills. I'd like to see her on the US version if they have an xtra factor.
VM
VMPhil
VirginMediaPhil - you are back peddling somewhat, you said first you didn't watch any Xtra factor when konnie was host, now you say you watched a small amount in a friends house. Its unfair to comment on how good she was considering you didn't get an overall view of her superb presenting skills. I'd like to see her on the US version if they have an xtra factor.

Obviously my "I didn't watch any" has been taken too seriously. My friend was watching it, so I had to watch it too. I didn't watch it out of choice.
PT
Put The Telly On
I watched it sometimes then didn't watch it then sometimes watched it again then didn't on one Saturday as I was washing my hair, then I switched over one weekend watched it.. wondered what it was all about and didn't watch it again.
LJ
Live at five with Jeremy
So you obviously had low expectations to start with by not watching it out of choice and you did not get to view many og konnies qualities by not watching the programme which leaves you ill informed to comment on her performance and departure is xtra factor host.

Newer posts