The Newsroom

BBC World News - to 14th January 2013

Global with Jon Sopel - Logo Page 204 (January 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FL
flaziola
BBC World staying with BBC News Domestic, can this go out on PBS?
EY
the eye
If BBC News always changes their countdown footage why can't BBC World? Its been the same footage for 4-5 years now.
GE
thegeek Founding member
BBC World staying with BBC News Domestic, can this go out on PBS?
Pass on that one, but on a couple of occasions lately (during the debates, and Election Night itself), N8 produced a bulletin just for PBS.
NG
noggin Founding member
If BBC News always changes their countdown footage why can't BBC World? Its been the same footage for 4-5 years now.

Money I guess. Different funding for BBC News and BBC World News (as BBC World is now called)
CH
chris

Money I guess. Different funding for BBC News and BBC World News (as BBC World is now called)

Money? Surely slotting the new News 24 countdown clips into BBC World News' countdown wouldn't cost a penny?
FL
flaziola
Actually if you look at the BBC News domestic countdown, there are a lot of shots in it that used to be BBC World only.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Michelle Fleury been doing the Business Edition for the last couple of weeks. Where's our Tanya??
NE
News24
Probably maternity leave. She presented a business awards evening I worked on at the end of April, so she is out on the corporate circuit at the moment...
JW
JamesWorldNews
Probably maternity leave. She presented a business awards evening I worked on at the end of April, so she is out on the corporate circuit at the moment...

Maternity leave again? Oh man! I miss Tanya. She is damn good at the newsdesk. I wish they would also use Juliette Foster a bit more on Business Edition. Not that I dislike Michelle Fleury, just that she is now a New York Kinda Gal.

8 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
Interesting edtion of The World Today, today. Martine Dennis caught at one point doing her make-up with a small mirror just at the point where Sally Eden was closing the business segment (Martine does look different somehow - not sure what it is).

Paper reviewer was over-running somewhat so either Martine or Sally (not sure whom) started clicking her fingers furiously to get the man to stop speaking. I think this was done subconsciously. LOL.

And we had a report from RICHARD FORRESt, as noted on screen (small "t").

The final wrap was a last-breath mess as usual, with Sally wrapping it on behalf of Martine who was somehow speechless.........

...........it feels like the week I've just had as well.
AC
aconnell
I've been watching 'Impact Asia' for the past few days, and I have to say that Lyse Doucet is excellent. Why isn't she the main face of the channel? She has immense talent. Also, her reports on Newsnight have been very good. I nevr knew she spoke Farsi fluently.

What ever happened to her programme that was meant to be airing on Fridays? It was originally called Frontlines, but I recently checked the BBC Worldwide website which now says it is Frontier. Does this mean it is still in the pipeline? She really deserves her own show.

Frontier with Lyse Doucet
JW
JamesWorldNews
Fully agree. I could watch Lyse for hours and not get bored. She brings the story over remarkably well and has immense knowledge in her areas of specialization.

Call me old fashioned, but when it comes to news presenters, I far prefer experience ahead of any other "dimension" which is so oft considered these days.

Hard as Nails is the way it should be!

According to her Twitter, Lyse has just arrived in South Africa (JNB) It's been a while since we've seen her anchoring or reporting from the continent. Her stint on Impact Asia this week is over and Mishal is back on BBC World today it seems. (Mishal herself just back from Bombay..................)
Last edited by JamesWorldNews on 28 May 2010 9:16am

Newer posts