TV Home Forum

BBC One Christmas 2009 - Doctor Who ident revealed

(December 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AR
argyess
Could continue with 'News' till the Sunday Dr W repeat, run the Tennant intro again then, and revert at 1655 Sunday to Normal ID. Would give the final extended holiday weekend a good send off.

The normal idents will definitely resume on Saturday 2nd January.

Can't complain, the dr who ident has run for a whopping 21 days, longer than any other bbc1 xmas ident!

It's only happened twice before where the bbc's xmas idents have run beyond New Years Day when there was a UK Bank Holiday afterwards (ie when Jan 1st fell on the weekend).
AN
Andrew Founding member
Next year then we could get a whopping 24 days as there is a Bank Holiday after New Year. Let's hope it's a good one in 2010!
BR
Brekkie
One things for sure - they can't recycle this years ident! Well, not unless they do a very bad hatchet job on it - and the BBC would never treat their idents in such a way, would they? Rolling Eyes
SN
Silver Nemesis
Asa posted:
Sorry if this has already been spotted but I notice NI have a different strap running over the credits - have they not been using ECPs or is it just an alternative to Network's strap? It's the same horrible red box design but with the lower 1/5 of the screen the Christmas background.

It's on TV Live's Youtube channel here. They do have their own version of the Network full-screen ECP but the overlaid straps seem to be used more often than on Network - ISTR them using a version before Christmas that had the text on a translucent black background, though I might be mistaken.

On the subject of ECPs, BBC Wales used this slide after Doctor Who last night:
(Sorry - my DVD recorder's not working so this is a digital photo.)

I quite like it - was it used elsewhere or just in Wales? (probably the latter)
It seems there are several versions of the local red box logo with various sizes of text - it doesn't appear on the ECP, unless it's a local programme that's being advertised (in which case the BBC One font is used instead of Gill Sans).
AC
aconnell
Quote:

I saw it last night in the North West. Without the 'Wales' text underneath, of course.
LI
littlesmegger
One things for sure - they can't recycle this years ident! Well, not unless they do a very bad hatchet job on it - and the BBC would never treat their idents in such a way, would they? Rolling Eyes

They could always photoshop Matt into it... or just his head. Laughing
BR
Brekkie
So have the BBC been using them today?
AR
argyess

Nope, the normal idents are back from ther christmas vacation.
MO
Moz

Vacation!!!!?
AR
argyess
Moz posted:

Vacation!!!!?

Ok, christmas break then! Wink

Newer posts