TV Home Forum

BBC One Christmas 2009 - Doctor Who ident revealed

(December 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
chris
Bail posted:
Asa posted:
How long have they been producing the "Today" menus? Although they only list two programmes same as the next/later slides they must be set up differently as they don't have the irritating feature of the text turning up late and disappearing early.

Since 2006.

Don't be rude, and wrong.

The current "today" slides are new, its predecessor has indeed been around for a while but the text always used to appear a few frames after the background and disappear a few frames to early, the current one (new in the last few days with a new font for "today" doesn't do this.

Has anyone got a capture of this?
PC
Paul Clark
Liked the anno into Doctor Who; wasn't expecting that!
TE
tesandco Founding member
Yep, little treat with Tennant taking the anno chair there into the final episode...

http://www.tvwhirl.co.uk/testvlogos/bbc1xmasdoctor2009.mp4
BB
BBC Scotland
Does BBC One now revert to the 'News' version of the Christmas idents? Or will they continue to show the David Tennant version?

Also when do the Christmas idents stop and the normal ones return?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
:-(
A former member
In scotland in there should be kept at least till Sunday night
BB
BBC Scotland
Thanks - does Network BBC One revert sooner then?

I'm keeping an eye on the ident into the next programme after EastEnders...
BB
BBC Scotland
It was the 'News' version into Celebrity Mastermind...
MO
Moz
Would have been cool if they'd done a version with Matt Smith.
RE
Revitt
It was the 'News' version into Celebrity Mastermind...

And again into the following programme. Hazarding a guess then that it will be back to normal from 1000 tomorrow then?
AS
Asa Admin
Sorry if this has already been spotted but I notice NI have a different strap running over the credits - have they not been using ECPs or is it just an alternative to Network's strap? It's the same horrible red box design but with the lower 1/5 of the screen the Christmas background.
BO
Bongo
I Particularly like the News version of the Dr Who Ident, may just be me but the music sounds like it could have been used in the dancers era.

Happy New Year!!
DV
DVB Cornwall
Could continue with 'News' till the Sunday Dr W repeat, run the Tennant intro again then, and revert at 1655 Sunday to Normal ID. Would give the final extended holiday weekend a good send off.

Newer posts