TV Home Forum

Doctor Who - Discussions on Season 5 onwards

Spoiler Free Please (March 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LI
littlesmegger
Knowing now that he can change time, where was he off to at the end, was he going back to get Donna?

Confidential kinda hinted at what the Doctor could be up to at Christmas... there's "potential" for him to stop Rose from 'dying' in Doomsday, "potential" for him to stop Donna from forgetting, and "potential" for him to go back into the Time War and save his people.

EDIT: Also I've been thinking... if this "knock four times" plot isn't The Master, seeing they've kinda mentioned it's not what we think it is... what do we all think it could be?

Part of me was thinking it could be the 11th Doctor, which is kinda obvious... or another could be the 9th Doctor, seeing he's going to mess with time so much around Rose, he could fall back into his own timeline and see Chris at some point.
JO
Joe
Gavin and Pad, thank you for summing up perfectly my thoughts on the episode - things I would have said myself but couldn't be bothered to seeing as I felt already that nobody else would agree with.
AM
amosc100
Knowing now that he can change time, where was he off to at the end, was he going back to get Donna?

Confidential kinda hinted at what the Doctor could be up to at Christmas... there's "potential" for him to stop Rose from 'dying' in Doomsday, "potential" for him to stop Donna from forgetting, and "potential" for him to go back into the Time War and save his people.

EDIT: Also I've been thinking... if this "knock four times" plot isn't The Master, seeing they've kinda mentioned it's not what we think it is... what do we all think it could be?

Part of me was thinking it could be the 11th Doctor, which is kinda obvious... or another could be the 9th Doctor, seeing he's going to mess with time so much around Rose, he could fall back into his own timeline and see Chris at some point.

Actually I was looking at Youtube, the other day, and one of the fans taping the cinema trailer release says that there could be a very brief glimpse of Salfordonian Chris Eccleston, approx 24 secs into the footage. I had a look. although it is very brief and very shaky there is a similarity but couldn't tell as to whether it was or wasn't. Who knows????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSaMpxsYRFI
Last edited by amosc100 on 18 November 2009 7:55pm
:-(
A former member
Children In Need preview

http://www.tvidworld.com/online/cin-2009-dw.mp4
Last edited by A former member on 20 November 2009 8:53pm
DD
DarkestDreams
I don't know about you, but I'm really going to miss the current Doctor; he's much better than Chris was in my opinion.

*prepares to get lynched*
MS
Mr-Stabby
I don't know about you, but I'm really going to miss the current Doctor; he's much better than Chris was in my opinion.

I know why people like Tennant, he's probably a better actor for the show with the show being a mainstream hit, but for me Eccleston gave the Doctor so much more depth, you felt like there were many layers in his character which he hadn't unraveled yet. The decent episodes of Series 1 (in other words the ones Russell T Davies didn't write) gave Eccleston much more to do. The 'Everybody lives' scene in 'The Doctor Dances' for example is I think the best scene in any Doctor Who episode ever, because it's beautifully acted by Eccleston, he's electric.
DD
DarkestDreams

I know why people like Tennant, he's probably a better actor for the show with the show being a mainstream hit, but for me Eccleston gave the Doctor so much more depth, you felt like there were many layers in his character which he hadn't unraveled yet. The decent episodes of Series 1 (in other words the ones Russell T Davies didn't write) gave Eccleston much more to do. The 'Everybody lives' scene in 'The Doctor Dances' for example is I think the best scene in any Doctor Who episode ever, because it's beautifully acted by Eccleston.

You know, you're probably right on the RTD thing; perhaps it was his heavy influence in Chris' time as the Doctor that I disliked. It's also most likely to be because I didn't find Chris remotely attractive..
MS
Mr-Stabby

I know why people like Tennant, he's probably a better actor for the show with the show being a mainstream hit, but for me Eccleston gave the Doctor so much more depth, you felt like there were many layers in his character which he hadn't unraveled yet. The decent episodes of Series 1 (in other words the ones Russell T Davies didn't write) gave Eccleston much more to do. The 'Everybody lives' scene in 'The Doctor Dances' for example is I think the best scene in any Doctor Who episode ever, because it's beautifully acted by Eccleston.

You know, you're probably right on the RTD thing; perhaps it was his heavy influence in Chris' time as the Doctor that I disliked. It's also most likely to be because I didn't find Chris remotely attractive..

Ha, well there's no arguing with the fact that Tennant is a better looking bloke.

Yeah i try to ignore the original RTD episodes in Series 1. Apart from 'Rose', most of the stuff he wrote was utter guff. Episodes he didn't write like 'Dalek' and 'The Doctor Dances' were just so much better. The best episodes of all series weren't written by him.
LI
littlesmegger
Apart from Dalek's ending, I personally felt that Chris brought too much of a Pantomime feel to the role... and that if people dare complain about most of Tennant's work being to childish, they clearly haven't seen most of Eccleston's work.

If anything, the series grew up once David was in the role. And I'm sure despite what the non-believers are saying... or perhaps just the people who wanna see an attractive Doctor as apposed to a good one [sorry had to be said Laughing ]... I'm sure Matt will make a very good Doctor.

I'll be sad to see David go yes, but I feel now is the right time to leave. Before people start rolling their eyes at each individual "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry" and "Alonzi!".
GR
gregmc
Apart from Dalek's ending, I personally felt that Chris brought too much of a Pantomime feel to the role... and that if people dare complain about most of Tennant's work being to childish, they clearly haven't seen most of Eccleston's work.

Are you kidding? If anything Tennant bought a rather camp pantomime feel to the show, whilst Eccleston albeit eccentric brought a more serious discourse to the programme.
WE
Westy2
Slightly off topic, but how come Watch has an edited version of the Season 3 finale, while BBC THREE doesn't?

The scene I'm refering to is the one featuring 'I Can't Decide'. BBC THREE has it uncut, while Watch has it mostly edited out.(Part of it is under a conversation between the Master & the Doctor)

The 'sad trekkie' sister pointed this out a few weeks ago with the Watch transmission & I happened to notice the same episode was on BBC THREE tonight & I checked.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Slightly off topic, but how come Watch has an edited version of the Season 3 finale, while BBC THREE doesn't?

The scene I'm refering to is the one featuring 'I Can't Decide'. BBC THREE has it uncut, while Watch has it mostly edited out.(Part of it is under a conversation between the Master & the Doctor)

The 'sad trekkie' sister pointed this out a few weeks ago with the Watch transmission & I happened to notice the same episode was on BBC THREE tonight & I checked.

It may be episode length related, as I think the final two episodes were 50 minutes long rather than the normal 45 minutes.

Newer posts