The Newsroom

South West England & CI Thread

Justin Leigh to leave the BBC (January 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
KE
kernow
South Today posted:
mizzb posted:
Westcountry like a few other regional new shows today proudly got their Chopper into action for us. Sharon Goble went up on high and gave us some stunning views of the countryside around the north coast.

Lovely views of Port Isaac , I was starting to pine for Doc Martin. Smile

I saw tonight that Westcountry Live have ditched the Live reverting to News in the title for the 6pm programme - how long has this been going on?

Tonight's episode was still called Westcountry Live, they haven't changed anything!
ST
South Today
kernow posted:
South Today posted:
mizzb posted:
Westcountry like a few other regional new shows today proudly got their Chopper into action for us. Sharon Goble went up on high and gave us some stunning views of the countryside around the north coast.

Lovely views of Port Isaac , I was starting to pine for Doc Martin. Smile

I saw tonight that Westcountry Live have ditched the Live reverting to News in the title for the 6pm programme - how long has this been going on?

Tonight's episode was still called Westcountry Live, they haven't changed anything!

Sorry my apols just saw the DOG on screen stating Westcountry News.
KE
kernow
South Today posted:
kernow posted:
South Today posted:

Sorry my apols just saw the DOG on screen stating Westcountry News.

Under the current branding, the DOG's always stated "Westcountry News"

During the blue & yellow blocks era, the DOG stated "Westcountry" (except for during GMTV bulletins, where it was "Westcountry News")

8 days later

ST
Stuart
It's looks as though Spotlight are getting their new/updated set on Monday, according to Justin Leigh's daily newsletter:

Spotlight Newsletter posted:
We've had a few emails asking what's happened to the Spotlight sofa? It's coming back, but we're getting the decorators in this weekend. Don't miss Monday's programme.

Oddly that coincides with the launch of 'The West Country Tonight' on t'other side Laughing

Doesn't explain why the sofa had to go three weeks before the revamp, though.
ST
Stuart
Dave posted:
Very nice end to Spotlight tonight.
Pictures from around the South West with some BBC News music over the top of it.

Indeed it was a very nice use of David Lowe's extended theme for the regions. They've used it before during the 'Exeter Bomber' trial, but not to this extent (1' 20" of the 2' available).

Here it is again for Dave, and also for those who missed it. Wink

http://vid273.photobucket.com/albums/jj219/StuartPlymouth/BBC-Spotlight-Snow-060209-HQ.flv
FU
fusionlad Founding member
Did anyone see a boat travel across Justin's jacket tonight? Somehow the image on the CSO background behind, was visible 'through' Justin.

Take a close look, about 9mins in.

Media Player
ST
Stuart
fusionlad posted:
Did anyone see a boat travel across Justin's jacket tonight? Somehow the image on the CSO background behind, was visible 'through' Justin.

Take a close look, about 9mins in.

Media Player

I dread how they are going to correct it on Monday....I hope you're not worrying too much!
SP
spotlightsouthwest
Stuart posted:
Dave posted:
Very nice end to Spotlight tonight.
Pictures from around the South West with some BBC News music over the top of it.

Indeed it was a very nice use of David Lowe's extended theme for the regions. They've used it before during the 'Exeter Bomber' trial, but not to this extent (1' 20" of the 2' available).

Here it is again for Dave, and also for those who missed it. Wink

http://vid273.photobucket.com/albums/jj219/StuartPlymouth/BBC-Spotlight-Snow-060209-HQ.flv

Hey thanks for posting Smile Although that's not the one he meant! They did two last week about the snow (that I saw anyway - that was the second). They've done quite a few recently....the only region to do so? Maybe the large number of them at the moment is to do with the lack of the sofa shot at the end of the show?
ST
Stuart
Quote:
... is to do with the lack of the sofa shot at the end of the show?

Read back....the sofa (or something) is back on Monday! Very Happy
DV
DVB Cornwall
http://premium1.uploadit.org/ChrisCornwall3/News/westward1960s.jpg

and so goodbye ITV news from Plymouth....

the ship sails off into the setting sun.
DA
Dave Founding member
Am sat watching the last Westcountry Live and I think I am actually going to miss the show, from stories of national importance like the Exeter bombing, to true local stories like a story about escape animal on the moors. Westcounty have always been there.

With news now coming from Bristol, it just won't cover the same stories, I'm sure I will find out much more about Bristol that Bristol will of Plymouth.

Good bye Westcountry Teleevision
LC
Lewis c
It was quite sad i realy felt sorry for both Presenters .Real sadness in Richards eyes both Professional to the end.What the hell has happend to ITV . Rolling Eyes

Newer posts