The Newsroom

Granada Reports

(January 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NW
nwtv2003
Jez posted:
Its surprising that Granada now have a seperate team doing the weather in Manchester, I would have thought they would cut back not have more what with all these cutbacks.

ITV Local Granada - Bring Me Sunshine

Apparently also they will be out and about, probably more during the Summer, so partially reporting there aswell, I remember they used to do that alot with Fred anyway.

Debbie Lindley recently left the Leeds team and hasn't been replaced, so I guess the cost can't be much different or higher. Although they appear to be doing the Weather in Studio 2 at Granada sharing with the News.

I guess they must be doing this with every Region now, London do it from what I've noticed, they do it similarly with Tyne Tees and Yorkshire.
JJ
JJ
It has been confirmed on Granada Reports tonight, the presenters of the regional weather :
MON-FRI - Jo Blythe
WEEKENDS - Fred Talbot

A fantastic return to presenting the weather for Fred. He even said he will wear the jumpers again.
BS
Ben Shatliff
JJ posted:
It has been confirmed on Granada Reports tonight, the presenters of the regional weather :
MON-FRI - Jo Blythe
WEEKENDS - Fred Talbot

A fantastic return to presenting the weather for Fred. He even said he will wear the jumpers again.

I am pleased about this, but I would have preferred Kerrie Gosney to Jo. I hope they do like London when the new-look comes in a few weeks and have the presenter in the studio, but that depends on how the studio layout will be.
JA
jamiehotrocks
New look? I didn't know about a new look...for the weather or for ITV regional news....have I blinked and missed something???
ST
South Today
Benjamin F. Shatliff posted:
JJ posted:
MON-FRI - Jo Blythe
WEEKENDS - Fred Talbot

I am pleased about this, but I would have preferred Kerrie Gosney to Jo. I hope they do like London when the new-look comes in a few weeks and have the presenter in the studio, but that depends on how the studio layout will be.

Dont think the regions are getting new studio sets, are they? Probably just relight the current setup with a different colour.
:-(
A former member
Can't believe Fred's coming back! The guy's a legend!

Bit confused by the fact he's only doing weekends though - he's at his best doing silly pointless OBs from a random beach somewhere. Is he going to be a straight weather presenter now?

Be strange seeing him do the weather in-vision - he used to do it out of vision as a voiceover.
JO
jodami
I think the plan is for Fred to do OBs as well as the weekend weather judging by the little promo on ITV Local.

Good to see him back!
NW
nwtv2003
A former member posted:
Be strange seeing him do the weather in-vision - he used to do it out of vision as a voiceover.

He usually presented it in the main Granada Tonight studio, but with little or no graphics, usually a child's painting was shown whilst he read the summary.

And what have we got for tonight? Well..... I hope we hear those words again.
FN
FromtheNorth
Fred just presented the weather during the 1115 bulletin. Seemed odd with him front of weather map, normally he's jumping on it, or talking behind a weather picture.
BU
buster
From that ITV Local link it implies Jo is actually relocating to Manchester rather than doing it down the line which is interesting. Will certainly make for a better programme to have interaction with the weather presenter as the likes of Tyne Tees have done for years.

The amount of regional weather will actually remain pretty much the same - due to sponsorship deals and the like there will still be a weather forecast in the mornings and weekend lunch where there is no longer a news bulletin. So we shouldn't be too surprised if weather teams are invested in a little.
:-(
A former member
Suppose it makes sense. I imagine the presenters can be a lot more value for money if they are based in the region they broadcast to, by doing additional reports and suchlike. We'll probably see a lot more of Jo and Fred in Granada Reports now.
BR
Brekkie
FromtheNorth posted:
Fred just presented the weather during the 1115 bulletin. Seemed odd with him front of weather map, normally he's jumping on it, or talking behind a weather picture.

It wasn't right really was it. Is the map still at the Albert Docks?

Newer posts