TV Home Forum

The Wales Thread

(January 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TVDragon
Can I just add that I don't have a thing for *anybody* on HTV News, at all.

Just wanted to clear that one up.
JE
Jez Founding member
TVDragon posted:
Can I just add that I don't have a thing for *anybody* on HTV News, at all.

Just wanted to clear that one up.

LOL I know who you do have a thing for though! No its not someone on HTV News!

You know who I have a thing for too dont you! LOL
JE
Jez Founding member
Ive been looking at the HTV Wales website and noticed the profile of Justina.

http://www.htvwales.com/whoswho/images/justina_simpson.jpg

She does like her pink clothes doesnt she!

It also said in Ruth's profile "she also presents late night news on Monday nights." So I guess its confirmed that Mrs Wignall does news on Monday and weather Wed/Thur/Fri.

Ruth has done a lot actually - news, weather, Grassroots, The Ferret and also another series called "The Night Before the Morning After".

It says she is 27 and lives with her husband in Gower!
TV
TVDragon
Wales and Scotland are the only parts of the ITV Network that are bothering to opt out of the *execrable* Planet's Funniest Animals -- I cannot express strongly enough how much I detest that programme, and how irritating the cheesy presenter is, how unfunny most of the clips are, and how rubbish the laughter track is! It's soooooo cheap, and typical for use on an Easter Sunday! Rolling Eyes

Scottish/Grampian have Scotsport [Border Scotland is meant to as well, but it's not on my tv, I think it doesn't split sometimes] and Jo Kiernan is having a chat with Ieuan Wyn Jones on HTV at the moment -- the lucky thing.

Bulletins~

BBC Wales Today ~
Monday -- 1330-1340, 1835-1845, 2300-2310

HTV News ~
Monday -- 1250-1300, 1550-1600
JE
Jez Founding member
Regional Programes for the next couple of weeks for HTV Wales;

Wedneday 23rd May - 12.15-1.15am Soccer Special
Thursday 24th May - 7.30pm The Ferret, 11.30-12.30pm Sharp End Debate
Friday 25th May - 2.30pm Prized Possesions, 11.30pm Witches Brew
Sunday 27th May - 12.30pm Waterfront, 2.00pm Soccer Sunday
Tuesday 29th May - 10.20pm-11.30pm Sharp End Debate
Thursday 1st May - 7.30pm Fishlocks Wild Tracks, 10.30pm Barry Welsh is Coming, 11.00pm-3am Wales Decides
Friday 2nd May - 2.30pm HTV News Election Special, 11.35pm Witches Brew

As well as this we have Shortland St in our regional slot at 2.30pm - Mon-Thurs. And as if we could forget The Pop Factory is back on 8th May at 11.30pm. Also it will be such a shame to see Wiggy's antiques series end (NOT!) Razz

Did anyone catch the HTV News today with Carole Green? Do we know who the Bank Holiday Monday presenter will be yet? I missed the news today!

My money's on Andrew Jones for Morning/Lunchtime news on Tues/Wed and Sally Johnson will as always do Thursday and probabaly Friday too.
TI
This Is Granada
Hi there,

I'm not to sure who can speak welsh here and who can not, but here goes.

I have been looking at these two idents recently & I sort of know what the announcer says, but then also I don't understand a few words. As I am strugling on translating them, can someone on here who can speak welsh help me translate these. If anyone can that would be so so great!

s4c stapler

s4c mouse

the above links are from TV Home.

Once again, if anyone knows that would be great.
:-(
A former member
Theres not much local programmes apart from the politics, it seems that there’s less local progs each month. What happened to Get Gardening , that had a 3 month run last year.
Carol greene did the news today.

http://mail.lycos.co.uk/Europe/Bin/Mail/Features/MailContent/getBibli.jsp/15EJ21T7B68PYA26ML8L9VS2QI7A0Q8RSF985JH7LFSQCA79HIK585M4SKWMBCIA4EAH1U3CYPML3UPD9IKPO08A9OE60684JD4T5445Z709FP6AB3Z4BA6J6PGWI84S7271UE4GE4R94KJ67/335/carol%20greene%201.jpg

Waterfront was dull as usual. As mentioned Jo talked to Plaid Cymru

http://mail.lycos.co.uk/Europe/Bin/Mail/Features/MailContent/getBibli.jsp/15EJ21T7B68PYA26ML8L9VS2QI7A0Q8RSF985JH7LFSQCA79HIK585M4SKWMBCIA4EAH1U3CYPML3UPD9IKPO08A9OE60684JD4T5445Z709FP6AB3Z4BA6J6PGWI84S7271UE4GE4R94KJ67/338/waterfront1.jpg

m b
TV
TVDragon
This Is Granada posted:
Hi there,

I have been looking at these two idents recently & I sort of know what the announcer says, but then also I don't understand a few words. As I am strugling on translating them, can someone on here who can speak welsh help me translate these. If anyone can that would be so so great!

s4c stapler

s4c mouse

One could ask why you'd want to know what they're saying to be honest..
But seeing as it's a Sunday, you picked the right time to ask.

It's a shame they don't use all their wonderful idents anymore, S4C~ have gone from only ever using the mouse and stapler to now only using magic hat, egg cup and garlic crusher. All the other 20-odd.. gathering dust.

Anyway.

s4c stapler ~

"Planed Plant mewn chwarter awr yma ar S4C Digidol, ar ôl hwn, gan Pei Pwmpen"
"Planet Plant [is] in a quarter of an hour here on S4C Digidol, after this, with Pei Pwmpen"

-- Pei Pwmpen is a kiddies programme with Mrs Marblys.

s4c mouse ~

"Ar S4C Digidol nawr, mae 'na gorwynt mawr ar ei ffordd a'r Gogs mewn tiypn o dwll"
"On S4C Digidol now, there's a hurricane/tornado on its way, and the Gogs are in a bit of trouble" [lit. "a bit of a hole"]
Last edited by TVDragon on 20 April 2003 6:58pm
JE
Jez Founding member
This Is Granada posted:
Hi there,

s4c stapler

s4c mouse

Well the first one says "Planet Plant will be on S4C digital in a quarter of an hour"

The second one is introducing a programme for S4C digital but I cant catch what it is.
TI
This Is Granada
Thanks very very much TV Dragon and Jez. I am very greatfull. Thanks very Much!!!
JE
Jez Founding member
"This is Granada" didnt you also ask for pics of Steve Jones? Well there is one in my sig - and thats just one of many you can find on the Pop Factory website.

Here is information re Steve and pics

http://www.htvwales.com/thepopfactory/pages/2_steve.shtml

Carole Green is'nt a bad newsreader - ive seen worse! The person im not allowed to mention for example!
TI
This Is Granada
Jez posted:
"This is Granada" didnt you also ask for pics of Steve Jones? Well there is one in my sig - and thats just one of many you can find on the Pop Factory website.

Here is information re Steve and pics

http://www.htvwales.com/thepopfactory/pages/2_steve.shtml

Carole Green is'nt a bad newsreader - ive seen worse! The person im not allowed to mention for example!

Thanks Jez. I did not see your Sig Pic as For some reason I had it set to not see sig pics. Also, thanks a lot for leading us to the right page on the HTV website. I knew it was there somewhere, so thanks v much again. I am now just looking very much forward to the new series. I have to say I find it better to watch, instead of my regions program.

Newer posts