Media Websites

ITV.com Discussion Thread

New ITV Player launches with pay mechanism (January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
pad
Oh dear. Here was me thinking ITV would embrace the revamp and rebuild ITV.com from scratch. But no, we have the same old crap with a possibly even worse design.

Crappy page URLS with the crap CM system (partid= etc) remain... yet they make slight effort for the newer shows:

supernatural.itv.com
eleventhhour.itv.com

etc. However, these look awful with the bland top bar.

I hate how there's no effort at all put into it. In the current one the ITV blue logo is far too small too. Anyone else agree?
Last edited by pad on 29 October 2012 7:36pm - 18 times in total
JA
james2001 Founding member
I remember when ITV first bought the itv.com domain, and made out like it was going to be one of the biggest & best sites on the internet. Something went horribly wrong somewhere along the way.
MI
philMID
james2001 posted:
I remember when ITV first bought the itv.com domain, and made out like it was going to be one of the biggest & best sites on the internet. Something went horribly wrong somewhere along the way.

I agree. I thought ITV was gonna have a really brilliant site after the revamp, but its the same old crap!!!!! The regions still have old blue and yellow pictures on them too! so does http://bullseye.itv.com.

rubbish and @www need to change their design!
MI
philMID
Quote:

etc. However, these look awful with the bland top bar.

VERY!!!! its too big too! (white and light blue then all black!!?? yuk!!)
TW
Time Warp
Disappointed with an absence of an itv.com logo, the itv at the top of the page looks bland and boring - a step back in my opinion. Furthermore the ITV News logo at its url looks cheap and tacky for some reason, and the general layout of the site is identical. Where ITV has received a refresh recently, it is a shame that the same cannot be said about its website.
:-(
A former member
I read with interest criticisms of the site, how it's a wasted opportunity etc. What exactly should they have on it other than what they have now? Agreed completely about the current design, but content-wise I think it's pretty good.
TW
Time Warp
A former member posted:
I read with interest criticisms of the site, how it's a wasted opportunity etc. What exactly should they have on it other than what they have now? Agreed completely about the current design, but content-wise I think it's pretty good.

They should have created an alternative to the previous design IMO; something that could rival the BBC on a small scale. I feel that what ITV are doing at the moment in terms of its website is putting as little effort and investment into it as they can.
PE
Pete Founding member
Their navigation bar is far too large. It should be able to be skinned by each site to better suit them and there are far too many links.

If the BBC with their massive site can get away with six then ITV can lose a few.
PA
pad
http://supernatural.itv.com

See, the site would be perfectly fine WITHOUT the top banner in white. The ITV2 logo is present, it does what it's supposed to, what was the need for the other crap? Rolling Eyes

8 days later

GM
GMc
It is a bit stupid. A brand-new and totally different design for ITV4 online. Maybe ITV are building new sites. One can only hope...
PA
pad
GarryMc posted:
It is a bit stupid. A brand-new and totally different design for ITV4 online. Maybe ITV are building new sites. One can only hope...

You only JUST noticed this?
JO
Joe
Embarassed ITV aren't very good at updating their pages are they? Embarassed

Look at ITV2 for an example...

Newer posts