The Newsroom

BBC News 24

General day-to-day goings on (January 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Matrix
News24 posted:
Has anyone noticed the absence of Chris Lowe for the last few weeks? He's been gone for 3 weeks now.

To be honest, Not really.

I always find myself slightly nodding off when he starts up. Nice to see Tim mind.
PM
PMDAVIDWILLIAMS
Just saw Richard Lister presenting. Never seen him before. Not bad either.
WM
With Me, Tim Wilcox
Matrix posted:
News24 posted:
Has anyone noticed the absence of Chris Lowe for the last few weeks? He's been gone for 3 weeks now.

I always find myself slightly nodding off when he starts up. Nice to see Tim mind.

Combining Chris Lowe and Joanna Gosling is probably the worst pairing in terms of making viewers go to sleep... they are both the most boring presenters on the channel.
WM
With Me, Tim Wilcox
ON A SEPARATE NOTE:
Watched that SUPERVOLCANO programme last night on UKTV History. Guest appearances from Joanna Gosling (with short hair) in the 1999-2003 studio and Anna Jones and Gwenan Edwards in the 2003- studio

Probably featured these individuals as their "rate" was probably the cheapest
MO
Moz
With Me, Tim Wilcox posted:
Matrix posted:
News24 posted:

Combining Chris Lowe and Joanna Gosling is probably the worst pairing in terms of making viewers go to sleep... they are both the most boring presenters on the channel.

I think Chris Lowe is excellent. He's one of the older presenters but is a lot more laid back than the awful Peter Sissons, Alistair Yates and Philip Hayton (one down...) and this more casual style is very well suited to the weekends.

Does he still rip his lottery ticket up on air? If he does, I keep missing it!
WM
With Me, Tim Wilcox
Moz posted:
I think Chris Lowe is excellent. He's one of the older presenters but is a lot more laid back than the awful Peter Sissons, Alistair Yates and Philip Hayton (one down...) and this more casual style is very well suited to the weekends.

Does he still rip his lottery ticket up on air? If he does, I keep missing it!

Shocked Alistair Yates is a LEGEND! Lowe is more relaxed than Hayton or Sissons... granted. But he is so laid back he makes people go to sleep! Laughing

the lottery ticket is a classic... along with his "Staedtler Stick" blue biro which he is constantly fiddling with!
MO
Moz
Shocked Alistair Yates is a LEGEND!

He's awful, like some dirty old perv. I wouldn't be surprised if he spends his spare time in parks with a dirty raincoat flashing at people! Creepy or what.
EY
the eye
Moz posted:
Shocked Alistair Yates is a LEGEND!

He's awful, like some dirty old perv. I wouldn't be surprised if he spends his spare time in parks with a dirty raincoat flashing at people! Creepy or what.

Then you have problems, there is nothing wrong with Alistair Yates, and I don't think anyone apart from you would seem to think he is a perve.
MO
Moz
http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/picture14.jpg

Good to see they've solved the problem of the LIVE/location strap cutting off people's heads in this shot. Just a shame there are gaps between the pictures and the TOG, but far better than before.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
PMDAVIDWILLIAMS posted:
Just saw Richard Lister presenting. Never seen him before. Not bad either.

IIRC, he had a stint presenting BBC News 24 and BBC World after the September 11th attacks in 2001. Every night they had a BBC News Special from Washington at 21.00 - Philippa Thomas and Jane Hill presented it and I have a feeling Richard Lister did too for a while.
BA
baoren
Moz posted:
http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/picture14.jpg

Good to see they've solved the problem of the LIVE/location strap cutting off people's heads in this shot. Just a shame there are gaps between the pictures and the TOG, but far better than before.

The background which appears to be from News24 Tonight is now being used across all live interviews?
PE
Pete Founding member
yes it is - and it's a much fabber background too.

Newer posts