TV Home Forum

ITV win horse racing rights from 2017

Ed Chamberlin confirmed as host (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HC
Hatton Cross
With that news Sky Sports Racing is on way, then.
Plus expect a move down to Sky 409 and HD.
Can't come soon enough.
:-(
A former member
Would the channel be aloud to Sky bet alot more?
HC
Hatton Cross
Yes. Sky Bet already advertise on ATR, even with the Sky 40% share holding.
Plus you do know that Sky don't actually own Sky Bet? They have a very minor shareholding, and merely licence the Sky name and logo. There are exclusive deals to use Sky Sports programme 'image rights' (like Soccer Saturday) in place though. It's a venture capital company who hold all the strings and take most of the money.
A former member
No6 horse ident has just turned up on ITV4.
ET
ethanh05
I wonder how the Grand National will go for ITV?
JA
JAS84
Probably better ratings than on Channel 4... but not as good as when it was on the BBC.

I bet there'll be some punters who only bet once a year wondering why Channel 4 is showing A Place in the Sun instead of the racing though.
A former member
Keep an eye out today/Tomorrow and Saturday we might get see No8 ident and if were really lucky another new ident.
BR
Brekkie
Frankly it's an ident with a horse on it. Considering how infrequently the main channel shows horse racing I'm surprised they bothered with more than one.
A former member
Has ITV as part of this deal demanded it get moved to a later time slot? 17.15 is pretty late for the national, are ITV trying to cash in more viewers>
DV
dvboy
Has ITV as part of this deal demanded it get moved to a later time slot? 17.15 is pretty late for the national, are ITV trying to cash in more viewers>

It was changed last year
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/34972322
A former member
I'm liking the simplicity of the racing colours break bumpers on ITV. UTV are using short cuts of the racing idents and STV just the standard blue bumper.

Hazimworks and fanoftv gave kudos
AG
AxG

Newer posts