TV Home Forum

The Nightly Show

8 weeks trail with ITV temporarily moving the NAT (September 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
the full fault has gone out on +1.
DB
dbl
Pffft - anything for ratings/views nowadays. Wink
:-(
A former member
This is just weird, the STV +1 is now playing out the breakbumper ever 3 seconds, so it seems the recorder for +1 does not recored the auto kick in of the breakdowns.
VM
VMPhil
This breakdown probably attracted more posts during a single episode than any other episode combined.
paul_hadley, Nicky and London Lite gave kudos
DB
dbl
They seems to have cutdown the breakdown
*EDIT* Ignore.
Last edited by dbl on 27 March 2017 11:46pm
AL
alexhduk
On UTV during the breakdown we saw exactly what ITV viewers saw only absolutely no announcer or music.
DB
dbl
This breakdown probably attracted more posts during a single episode than any other episode combined.

Made a bit of a bump on Twitter
AS
Asa Admin
Presumably +1 is literally just a recording of the main channel so their only option is to mask the output with a slide, rather than anything fancy like running more trails.

Unusual to have a prerecorded programme fall off air like that, especially with coloured bars. And shame about the announcer, was it her first night?! Where's Trish Bertram when you need her!
DV
dvboy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4i8sWoJTNc

Someone uploaded next Sunday's "Best Of" programme to YouTube.
AL
alexhb01
Thoughts on what caused it? I mean it broke down as soon as the Amazon Echo Sponsored Bit began to play, and it went straight to the breakdown screen before anything else.

Could've just staged it for the PR lol Very Happy
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Well that's a bit of money ITV owes its advertisers then...
Last edited by James Vertigan on 27 March 2017 11:43pm
SP
Steve in Pudsey
As Asa says, it's very unusual for a pre-recorded programme to fall off air. However I would imagine that it's probably played down the line into Chiswick from an edit suite rather than being ingested into the playout servers at Ericsson, so effectively a live programme from the perspective of presentation.

It couldn't be an issue with the line booking not taking the clock change into account as per Something for the Weekend a few years ago?

Newer posts