TV Home Forum

Red Nose Day 2017

(March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
There is a large bar at the venue (which is actually just a nightclub usually hired out for corporate events etc) and I wouldn't be surprised if it was open, given the rowdy behaviour.

It was the sort of atmosphere we MIGHT have considered mesmirising had it been an experimental late night Channel 4 show. It wasn't, it was Red Nose Day.
RK
Rkolsen
Saw some clips on Early Today - they played the Love Acctually Clip and one for Stephen Hawkins new voice. One person in the short montage stood out from me: Lin Manuel Miranda. Now he's known in the US for writing, starring in the hit broadway play Hamilton along with having hosted Saturday Nigtht Live (after Hamilton) and numerous profiles done on him. But I gotta ask is he a known figure in the U.K. and would a show about Alexander Hamilton be a hit if it played in the West End?
EL
elmarko
People know about that musical if not what the story is about in any specific way, and I think people who watch American shows will know him as somebody who has been quite a lot of hit shows in a few episodes (House, for example).
KN
knack
Ofcom has received 150 complaints about the programme and is considering investigating.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39405558
VM
VMPhil
There was an article about it in the Sunday Times I believe. Nothing new, just reporting about people's complaints about the technical problems and putting certain sketches on before the watershed.
SJ
sjhoward
...would a show about Alexander Hamilton be a hit if it played in the West End?

The huge sales for the West End production - which doesn't open until December - suggest that it will be a hit. It's sold-out well into 2018.
BR
Brekkie
They've probably got Mike Pence and Trump to thank for that.

As for RND - think the death of the telethon has been greatly exaggerated. It's a blip, not a terminal decline.
:-(
A former member
Did this really get broadcast?
RE
Rex
Did this really get broadcast?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9zSn0oaOHI

Yep, it did on the telethon. One of the few skits that I enjoyed.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Brett Domino explains what went wrong with their act on Friday. Most of it seems to have been outside the control of the RND production team, so fair play for admitting to it

London Lite and paul_hadley gave kudos
DE
deejay
Well. I'm still not entirely sure what it's all about. Presumably this is a fringe type of act that's not been seen on tv before? Clearly the performers weren't briefed on how it was being made (not realising it was live seems extraordinary).
FA
fanoftv
Well. I'm still not entirely sure what it's all about. Presumably this is a fringe type of act that's not been seen on tv before? Clearly the performers weren't briefed on how it was being made (not realising it was live seems extraordinary).

They've been on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown a few times. I think it was unfortunately a series of small incidents and interruptions from Russell Brand.

Newer posts