TV Home Forum

Red Nose Day 2017

(March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
Sainsbury's have raised £11,612,117 for RND17. Well done Sainsbury's.
UB
UBox
I'm too young to know what Comic Relief used to be like pre-noughties but this is awful. It feels more painful.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Peter Kay flogging old material as per usual for the sake of a clip show segment, and what was essentially a plug for his show. I know the Car Share night is for a good cause, but jeez...

Her name is Luisa Omielan by the way, and I think she is way too nervous and young to start presenting like this. She's trying but everything else there is failing around her.

She's 35, I wouldn't say she was too young. But according to her Wikipedia page, she's done pretty much no television work.
FB
FBC
Well, as expected Red Nose Day Actually has turned out to be a masterclass in how to waste a great cast by not giving them anything to work with.
MD
MrDexB
Peter Kay flogging old material as per usual for the sake of a clip show segment, and what was essentially a plug for his show. I know the Car Share night is for a good cause, but jeez...

Her name is Luisa Omielan by the way, and I think she is way too nervous and young to start presenting like this. She's trying but everything else there is failing around her.

She's 35, I wouldn't say she was too young. But according to her Wikipedia page, she's done pretty much no television work.

Well, I meant at this early stage in her career. She should do much more than this, but she either rushed it and said yes or this decision was inspired by her BBC Three comedy special, which quite frankly would look stupid on the part of the BBC, although I don't think it's too bad at first glance, being based on her Fringe show.
JA
james-2001
UBox posted:
I'm too young to know what Comic Relief used to be like pre-noughties but this is awful. It feels more painful.

It was a LOT better than this.
MD
MrDexB
UBox posted:

It was a LOT better than this.

After 14 years watching, my favourite Red Nose Day still remains to be 2003.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Luisa has to be the most low key of these comedians as I didn't know of her work until this evening. Most of the other younger comedians have had exposure on other shows.

Also, this must be the longest time that Lenny Henry has presented since the 90s? He'd normally come on, do the first link and wouldn't be seen again, replaced by a Fearne Cotton type presenter.
LL
Larry the Loafer
He did a lot last time IIRC, when there was a big thing about them reaching the £1bn mark.
JO
Josh
Everyone has raised £48,257,346 for RND17. Well done everyone.
ST
steddenm
This year is cringeworthy. There hasn't been one laugh out loud moment at all tonight.

The other half did say that Your Mum would make a decent show though.

A poor production tonight so far. Let's see how Graham Norton gets on!
AA
Aaron_2015
Have only seen bits of it, but it's been terrible so far.

Poor Susanna Reid having to sit through that 'funny' skit. You could see she was dying inside.

Newer posts