TV Home Forum

BT Sport - Launch of BT Sport Ultimate

Dolby Atmos to be introduced 28-Nov-2020 (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
TV Sports Markets reported earlier today that BT Sport were negotiating for EXCLUSIVE SPFL rights in the next round ....

see here ……..

SPORT-NEWS on SPORTBUSINESS.COM
16-Mar-2017 @ 23:36

Early stages of negotiations though.
DV
DVB Cornwall
BT Sport Customers are being offered a free six month digital Telegraph subscription in a new joint promotion.

Apparently it's a two way offer, Digital Telegraph customers getting a free BT Sport offer too.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Box Nation has joined the BTTV platform tonight.

BT Sport have confirmed that they will be the producer of the broadcasts shared with Box Nation, The joint Saturday Evening cards will be in UHD 4K on BTTV.
GE
thegeek Founding member
TV Sports Markets reported earlier today that BT Sport were negotiating for EXCLUSIVE SPFL rights in the next round ....

see here ……..

SPORT-NEWS on SPORTBUSINESS.COM
16-Mar-2017 @ 23:36

Early stages of negotiations though.
and a follow-up opinion piece in the Mail:

DV
dvboy
OJ: Made in America disappears from BBC iPlayer on Wednesday, but it's being broadcast next week in five parts on BT Sport 2.
DV
dvboy
BT Sport using BT Sport Extra 1 to show WTA world feed while Watson v Tig is on BT Sport 1. Impressive that they are showing two matches at the same time, and even more so that they both have commentary.

GE
thegeek Founding member
Mattek-Sands v Siniakova started on Sport 1 with BT commentary, and on Extra 1 with World Feed commentary. Sport 1 (and its commentators) then moved to the Watson game when it started.

edit: I'm told they may squeeze in Bouchard v Barty, provided it hasn't finished by the time either of the current games do.
Last edited by thegeek on 22 March 2017 7:39pm
DV
dvboy
I didn't notice the world feed commentary was there from the start. Bouchard v Barty was on Extra 1 (presumably the world feed went to it) and then moved to BTS 1 when Watson v Tig finished, Extra 1 quickly turned off.

Any reason why they can't provide the extra courts without commentary like Sky are able to, when they have those six Extra channels showing nothing at all throughout the tournament?
GE
thegeek Founding member
because they've not thought of it yet? Smile
DV
dvboy
because they've not thought of it yet? Smile

Wakey wakey!

10 days later

DV
dvboy
This went out on BT Sport 2 ahead of the Miami final earlier this evening. Spot the errors (there are two).

Also great to see them showing some WTA on BT Showcase, with the Indian Wells final on Monday 20th, the Miami final is tomorrow night.
DV
DVB Cornwall
It seems that I've completely misunderstood the Box Nation (BN) deal which programme wise starts next Saturday. I had assumed that the Saturday Night Fights would be simulcast on Box Nation, they're not. BN runs it's own schedule against the BT offering. BN being seemingly devalued as a result. It's clear that the top BN slice has been given to BT unilaterally. I'm wondering whether there's a future for BN as a standalone offering when it;s up against the Boxing offerings of SS, SBO and BT's competition.

Newer posts