TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

March 2017 onwards - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
I think the Director and Producers slightly over-hyped the "new look".

I know others have commented on this, but, really now.
NT
NewbieTvFan
I just think the previous look was much slicker and much more modern looking. I think the squared graphics look quite ugly and I don't feel they fit with the programme. None of these changes were necessary. The one thing I wish they'd do is remove the big ugly orange painted gmb shaped logo in the middle of the studio.
BW
BroadcastWales
Extremly impressed by today's changes. Yes the average viewer may not notice, but for those of us who care it has actually solved a problem that has been bugging this forum since 2015. Of course that problem was the disjointed graphics package with all kind of shapes. But now we have:
- A neat brand new graphics package.
- Having every graphic square is effective.
- The split screen looks miles better than the previous incarnation.
- Even the graphic background matching the design of the studio walls is a nice addition.
- We have a weather bug again!

Other positives:
- The new music package has taken the best elements of the 2014, 2015 and extra beds to create an excellent rendition of the theme.
- love that they've made it more dancy and upbeat yet has some authority.
- The steadicam at the start is different yet terrific and I would be dissapointed if they dropped that quick zoom at the TOTH.
-The logo, whilst I thought having a gradient would make it worse, the animation of the gradient moving is quite cool.
- And they've finally perfected the lighting in the studio Smile
DK
DanielK
Extremly impressed by today's changes. Yes the average viewer may not notice, but for those of us who care it has actually solved a problem that has been bugging this forum since 2015. Of course that problem was the disjointed graphics package with all kind of shapes. But now we have:
- A neat brand new graphics package.
- Having every graphic square is effective.
- The split screen looks miles better than the previous incarnation.
- Even the graphic background matching the design of the studio walls is a nice addition.
- We have a weather bug again!

Other positives:
- The new music package has taken the best elements of the 2014, 2015 and extra beds to create an excellent rendition of the theme.
- love that they've made it more dancy and upbeat yet has some authority.
- The steadicam at the start is different yet terrific and I would be dissapointed if they dropped that quick zoom at the TOTH.
-The logo, whilst I thought having a gradient would make it worse, the animation of the gradient moving is quite cool.
- And they've finally perfected the lighting in the studio Smile

Best summary of the new look yet.

All I can add is that they could play with the steadicam run at the start with different angles/positions, and even use the jib.

Also think that the swing shot after the titles is out of place, not fast enough. They could try using the shot the usually use to handover to the local news.
DW
DavidWhitfield
Following the announcement of the death of Martin McGuinness, we've seen a breaking news wipe in the same colour and style as the 'live' one we saw yesterday, and we've seen that the ticker goes red and features the words 'breaking news' repeated across the length of it when major news breaks. Interestingly, the flipper has simply read 'Tuesday 21st March 2017' since the news broke.
BA
Barney
Following the announcement of the death of Martin McGuinness, we've seen a breaking news wipe in the same colour and style as the 'live' one we saw yesterday, and we've seen that the ticker goes red and features the words 'breaking news' repeated across the length of it when major news breaks. Interestingly, the flipper has simply read 'Tuesday 21st March 2017' since the news broke.

7am open, just read that headline from the desk then straight to that story, well they was running a hit behind anyway, and they drafted in some unknown reporter for it
UB
UBox

and they drafted in some unknown reporter for it

I imagine it will have been one of those archive reports that gets updated whenever the person does something major/of impact so there's something to play out when they die. They do that for most political figures and celebrities.
JO
Josh
BBI45 posted:
JoshX posted:
A few different parts of the show from today...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJi3JOrKuR8

Tut. Typical ITV blocking it!

Thank God I downloaded it.

Also, ITV_plc? Why does that not sound like any official ITV YouTube account?

I don't think they can't use the official channels purely based on the copyright strike factor.
NT
NewbieTvFan
GMB has been excellent this morning. Perfect mix of content and great reporting on the death of Martin McGuinness. Warming to the new look too I have to say
TM
tmorgan96
Everyone seems to like the new look. Am I the only one who thinks it looks pretty ugly? It doesnt look very modern. Id say its a downgrade on the previous look.

Yup. Hate it. They've kept using the same style over and over and over since the launch, refreshing the look with pointless little tweaks here and there.

Personally I just think the graphics have always sat awkwardly on screen, and they still do.
AA
Aaron_2015
Oh, and you can download the clean music here, if this Google Drive link works: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1OgB6DeYkZWVktja1I3UmdUb3c/view?usp=sharing (sorry, Metropol's Captcha isn't working properly to let me sign up!).

I think it's a fantastic reworking of their theme!

Is anybody able to re-upload this, as the file won't open for me once downloaded? Thanks in advance. Smile
WH
Whataday Founding member
https://up.metropol247.co.uk/Whataday/gmb_2017.mp3
Spencer and Aaron_2015 gave kudos

Newer posts