TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

March 2017 onwards - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
newsmonkey
Oh, and you can download the clean music here, if this Google Drive link works: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1OgB6DeYkZWVktja1I3UmdUb3c/view?usp=sharing (sorry, Metropol's Captcha isn't working properly to let me sign up!).

I think it's a fantastic reworking of their theme!
MW
Mike W
The music is okay, but I miss the three notes post resolve in the titles, particularly at the original pitch/arrangement heard in 2014. It just ends suddenly, and the 'duh duh duuuuhhhhhh' closed the open nicely.

The bevel/gradients on the logo are horrendous
BR
Brekkie
Far fewer comments here on the actual refresh than there was anticipating the refresh.

Can't fault the changes but do wish shows would stop using full astons pretty much permanently. We don't need to be told what they're talking about all the time and they really should be used if adding useful information (i.e. contact info during flooding).
BB
BBG43
when the voice over was saying the date i heard a bit of the Gmtv theme from 1996-1999
BB
BBG43
what will they do when itv shut the London studios in 2018 for some years for renovating
FA
fanoftv
Re watching the opening back they could have cut parts of the script to make it snappier. After 40 seconds (as with the old) the music naturally reaches a climax that would fit in with the slower paced title sequence naturally. They could do with trying to get it back to what they had in 2014, no clips or live inserts just the headlines into the titles.

I love the quick fly in, along with the music it's given the whole show a lot more energy imo.

I'm not sure on the opening sting, as the theme now ends with it the 2014 sting may be a better and less synthesised option.
OW
owainshenton
Oh, and you can download the clean music here, if this Google Drive link works: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1OgB6DeYkZWVktja1I3UmdUb3c/view?usp=sharing (sorry, Metropol's Captcha isn't working properly to let me sign up!).

I think it's a fantastic reworking of their theme!

Isn't working for me! Is it working for everybody else?
UB
UBox
The music is okay, but I miss the three notes post resolve in the titles, particularly at the original pitch/arrangement heard in 2014. It just ends suddenly, and the 'duh duh duuuuhhhhhh' closed the open nicely.

I was thinking that myself so have done a couple of remixes:

New Theme with 2014 Opening Notes and Ending:

New Theme with 2014 Opening and Backing on the 'ITV Studios' bit:
FA
fanoftv
Nice work UBox. I think the 2014 opening works better at the start and that sort of remix hitting the titles at the right point works much better with the theme imo.
BB
BBI45
I prefer the new ending. However, you have done a good job of putting the two versions together seamlessly. I will credit you for that.
BB
BBI45
For anybody who wants to see most, if not all the graphics in HD:
TV
TV Archive
A few different parts of the show from today...

Newer posts