TV Home Forum

Neighbours to be dropped by C5?

New deal talks break down (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
I think they had a life long deal for Home and Away, though there is bound to be a get out clause.

Jez posted:
I cant see it on channel 4 either but you never know.

If it ends up on C4 it'll only be because of a poor buying decision in the view they should be BBC lite - though of course C4 are now completely struggling in daytime so it could do a job for them I suppose.

Yeah - they could double header it with Hollyoaks and move The Simpsons to 5.00 or 5.30.
IN
Interceptor
If it ends up on C4 it'll only be because of a poor buying decision in the view they should be BBC lite

By winning the rights to an Australian soap opera from Channel 5?
JA
JAS84
Nothing unusual about Channel 4 poaching a Channel 5 show - they've taken over shows from each other a few times before.
CN
CN
The signs that this was coming have been clear for a while - little or no promotion for a huge story like Dee coming back from the dead. Thankfully I believe the quality of the show is strong at present and the ratings are extraordinarily consistent at around 1.8m per day in the UK for the two main showings.

For Fremantle to be so firmly wedded to a particular fee would suggest there must be another party involved. I actually could see ITV buying it - fairly low cost for nearly an hour of output per day and a good vehicle for their many digital channels.

Will wait and see but never a good sign when these things start leaking before the deal is done - can't recall any instance where that has happened and the incumbent has retained the rights.
JA
JAS84
ITV can't keep Neighbours in it's current timeslots. It'd mean displacing The Chase and the Lunchtime News. So if it is them, where would it go?
DV
dvboy
JAS84 posted:
ITV can't keep Neighbours in it's current timeslots. It'd mean displacing The Chase and the Lunchtime News. So if it is them, where would it go?

ITV2.
WA
watchingtv
JAS84 posted:

ITV2 more like!
JE
Jez Founding member
JAS84 posted:

Unless of course they move The Chase to 4.30pm and the lunchtime news back to 12.30pm with neighbours at 1pm.

But I really would be surprised if it went to ITV.
JA
JAS84
^But then you're displacing Loose Women.
JE
Jez Founding member
there is no reason why that couldn't be moved. it has aired at 1.30pm before in the early days. Its not likely to air on itv anyway.
EU
Eurovictorious
It'd be good for ITV2, but if it comes off a PSB then it'll get axed by Ten anyway.
JE
Jez Founding member
would they really pay all that money per episode and put it on ITV2?

Newer posts