The Gallery

GMB sunbeam titles

pulse transitions, various themes (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PI
pip2
Worked on this about six months ago originally and, thanks to the generosity of others in the Christmas Presents thread, (thank you! Very Happy ) finished it off in January. With tweaks imminent I thought now might be a good time to post for amusement's sake.

I'm hoping there's a new transition in tomorrow's titles, as I've never been a fan of the logo flying towards me like a custard pie as it does. In this tweak to the current titles, the GMB 'sunbeam' forms as the sun's rays burst through the ITV logo (capturing the essence of the bright, colourful nature of both the channel and the content to follow), and then remains on screen as we transition into the studio, until it settles in its position bottom left.

There are eight versions to choose from, the visuals remaining the same but each with a different theme (chronologically ordered apart from the last one) because I'm a pres geek and that's what pres geeks do.

BBC Breakfast Time

BBC Breakfast News

GMTV

Daybreak mk I

Daybreak mk II

GMB mk I

GMB mk II

Rainbow

... and in a Freaky Friday type switcheroo, ITV News titles accompanied by the GMB theme, not retimed or fiddled with in any way apart from a few sunrisey type flares and glares, it's as if they were made for each other!

AE
AlexEdohHD13
Impressive.
BB
BBI45
These are amazing. That is all I can think to say right now. Could I just ask, where did you get the BBC Breakfast News music from?

EDIT: I would love to see these with the updated logo when it is available.
Last edited by BBI45 on 19 March 2017 10:00pm
JO
Josh
Love that Rainbow one! Brilliant, as always!
UB
UBox
Wow! Very nice mock pip2. It would certainly fit with the on air look very well and if we see anything similar tomorrow morning I'll be a happy man.
DavidWhitfield and BBI45 gave kudos
:-(
A former member
I really really like the Rainbow one. Your right about the ITV news titles matching up.
BW
BroadcastWales
One word Phenomenal! The transition is fantastic, your slight remixes to the theme tunes are brilliant. One thing I do want to ask is the Daybreak 1 theme completley remixed by yourself or was it part of the daybreak package but never played on air?
WA
watchingtv
One word Phenomenal! The transition is fantastic, your slight remixes to the theme tunes are brilliant. One thing I do want to ask is the Daybreak 1 theme completley remixed by yourself or was it part of the daybreak package but never played on air?

Sounded like the closing theme mixed into the title theme
PI
pip2
Thanks for your comments Smile

Sounded like the closing theme mixed into the title theme

You're right watchingtv, with the '3 sec web back ref sting' for a bit of extra oomph!
BR
Brekkie
Marked these as outstanding before I even watched them, only to then realise I'd be watching Richard Arnold eight times - somehow still annoying even when on mute. Wink

Other than that fantastic though and a much better transition of the logo. Easily the best GMB mock ever posted here - and that's meant as a compliment too!
cyberdude, DavidWhitfield and AJ gave kudos
RD
RDJ
Excellent! I think the GMTV and Daybreak Mk II versions are the best in my opinion.

I even like the morning ITV News titles you've created. Could be an idea should the want to brand the news bulletins more closely towards the ITV News branding.
MF
MatthewFirth
Awesome mock, and the fact that almost anything can be played to it makes it more interesting.

Newer posts