The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SK
Skygeek

You wrote that????? Gerraway!

Rumour Has It you've been signed up by the BBC Comedy Unit.

Eh, the money wasn't good enough and they wanted me to share a desk with Mrs. Brown! Laughing

Whoosh! You completely missed my Adele joke, which took ages to think of.......I'm in the huff.

... or did I?
SK
Skygeek
I can report that the advert-free format for "Sky News at Ten" will remain in place beyond the initial eight-week window - a real vote-of-confidence for the programme from a commercial point-of-view.
BR
Brekkie
I can report that the advert-free format for "Sky News at Ten" will remain in place beyond the initial eight-week window - a real vote-of-confidence for the programme from a commercial point-of-view.

Well not really if it's commercial free. Wink
SK
Skygeek

Well not really if it's commercial free. Wink

Respectfully, that misses the point. The fact that Sky Corporate is willing to forfeit half-an-hour's worth of advertising a day shows they're willing to shoulder an upfront financial loss in order to get more eyeballs not just on what's being marketed as a flagship evening bulletin, but on the advertising and content the other 23.5 hours a day - plus it gives the programme team more real estate in structure and storytelling terms.
Last edited by Skygeek on 17 March 2017 10:29pm
AJ, London Lite and TVViewer256 gave kudos
TM
tmorgan96
It was a joke Felicia
RK
Rkolsen
Now is Sky really forefeiting a half hours worth of ad inventory or is it just placed somewhere else?
SK
Skygeek
Now is Sky really forefeiting a half hours worth of ad inventory or is it just placed somewhere else?

Yep - no additional breaks elsewhere.
RK
Rkolsen

Any chance the advertisements adjacent to the program had their rates increased?
SK
Skygeek

Any chance the advertisements adjacent to the program had their rates increased?

Doubtful. Why alienate advertisers by charging more for - metaphorically speaking - a narrower strip of land?
RK
Rkolsen

Doubtful. Why alienate advertisers by charging more for - metaphorically speaking - a narrower strip of land?

I was thinking that because there's a demand for less product. Additionally the ads may be seen by more people because of the success of the newscast.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Sounds like a simple loss leader marketing strategy.
SK
Skygeek
Sounds like a simple loss leader marketing strategy.

Exactly.

Newer posts