TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2015 with 90s idents

NEW: Dragons Den ident with a nod to the past (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DP
D.Page
Has anyone seen optic since last week? Or is it just will hidden?

Optics has been commonly aired whenever University Challenge is on from what I've observed so far.

also seems to be fairly common with Dr Weston's Casebook.
:-(
A former member
Saint Patrick's Day on BBC TWO NI - with the ident fading for the anno, but no announcement...

http://tig.gy/?m=bbc2-water-spd.jpg

Video here
Last edited by A former member on 17 March 2017 11:18am
A former member
And...

http://tig.gy/?m=BBC2NI-2017-ID-SPD-NEON.jpg

Video here
NYTV, denton and bkman1990 gave kudos
DP
D.Page
BBC2 NI Wave Day - St Patrick's Day ver, at 10.59am. All 17" of it went out with clean audio. However, the audio level was variable due to the soundtrack volume level being dipped for an anno, but no anno came. Thought it best to iron the audio out first, before uploading.

Video with corrected audio here:

BBC2 NI have pulled all the stops out once again, with St Patrick's Day versions of Wave Day, Sign and Paint.
Much appreciation to the NI team.
Last edited by D.Page on 17 March 2017 2:06pm - 4 times in total
DP
D.Page
A long, 26" playout of Wave Day - St Patrick's Day version aired before the St Patrick's Day Schools Cup Finals, at 12.45pm.

26" Playout. Video here:

DP
D.Page
For completeness, here's the first showing of the day of Paint - St Patrick's Day version, shown at 4.44pm.

Video here:

and here's a new transfer of my copy of last year's extra-long, 36" playout by Michael Selby. It's one of countless captures I've now transferred to the PC with use of my old Sky box hard drive, removed from the Sky box and inserted into a HDD docking station where the capture is transferred directly to the PC and so, kept in the digital domain throughout for the best possible quality. Compared with my older YouTube upload of this playout, there is a slight improvement in clarity, and NI's logo is now better defined:

Last edited by D.Page on 17 March 2017 6:10pm
DP
D.Page
Maybe next year Wink

A former member
Oh my goodness, with the best will in the world, I hope not.

I would much prefer to see a brand new, impressively designed presentation package for BBC TWO (that can include special themed idents) and let's retire once and for all - except on the very special occasion Wink - the retro idents. They have served their time - twice!
Brekkie, MMcG198 and dbl gave kudos
DP
D.Page
Overall, today's special pres was good. I really love the BBC1 Sting and Now/Next green background. Really lovely and enhanced even further by the background graphic's texture. The only one on BBC2 I don't think worked all that well was Sign/Neon. I don't know why, can't put my finger on the reason. Maybe if only the filaments were given the Shamrock green colouring, instead of the whole thing. I imagine that one was incredibly easy to modify (honestly, I prefer my Paper Cut Out, above, over today's Sign). Good overall, though, and I am very grateful to NI for their efforts. I suspect Wave Day was a little more challenging to alter the colouring (?).
MM
MMcG198
Oh my goodness, with the best will in the world, I hope not.

I would much prefer to see a brand new, impressively designed presentation package for BBC TWO (that can include special themed idents) and let's retire once and for all - except on the very special occasion Wink - the retro idents. They have served their time - twice!

Yes, this is getting bloody depressing at this stage. Bringing old idents back for a short run for the 50th birthday would've been fine. But this is taking the p!ss. It really is absolutely pathetic. It does not have to cost that much to get this channel freshened up. Whilst I don't believe huge amounts should be spent on this kind of thing - I do still believe a channel's branding and visual appearance is important. As I've said in the BBC One thread, we need to get back to basics with this. Hire talented people - get the job done in-house - and create something visually impactful. Precondition: anyone involved in the current BBC One package should not be allowed anywhere near this project.

I'd almost encourage something along the lines of the long-running E4 stings idea, just to get something new on-screen.
MM
MMcG198
Overall, today's special pres was good. I really love the BBC1 Sting and Now/Next green background. Really lovely and enhanced even further by the background graphic's texture. The only one on BBC2 I don't think worked all that well was Sign/Neon. I don't know why, can't put my finger on the reason. Maybe if only the filaments were given the Shamrock green colouring, instead of the whole thing. I imagine that one was incredibly easy to modify (honestly, I prefer my Paper Cut Out, above, over today's Sign). Good overall, though, and I am very grateful to NI for their efforts. I suspect Wave Day was a little more challenging to alter the colouring (?).

Agreed re BBC One NI. Very nice. And yes, I don't think Neon/Sign worked well. But still good to see some effort being put into 'occasion' presentation.
CA
Caly123
I found a unused ident that was supposed to be used for the 2000 package from YouTube user Doctor of Gallifrey.

Newer posts