The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JB
JasonB
I though Alastair Stewart left ITV news?
AN
Andrew Founding member

No that was Mark Austin
NE
newsman1

That was a misunderstanding that I caused by suggesting that it was time for Alastair to retire.

Apologies.
JE
Jez Founding member
I much prefer the lunchtime news at 12.30 and the regional update at 12.55.

I remember when we used to have regional bulletins at 9.55, 11.55, 13.20 and around 15.15 as well. Now there seems to be a large gap after GMB bulletins until the lunchtime bulletin.
BR
Brekkie
National bulletins too at 10.55, 11.55 and around 3pm. I think they still do something during This Morning though.
RD
RDJ
12.30 is a much more natural place for the Lunchtime News to be at.

Plus it could be the one and only bulletin to be broadcast before the BBC, which would really help with the ratings.
GM
GMc
I think they still do something during This Morning though.

Not since last year - possibly since September. Only local weather is broadcast during This Morning now.
JE
Jez Founding member
The local weather also still airs just before 4pm I think. Odd we still get the weather whilst they axed the actual local news during mid morning and mid afternoon. Unless its cos the weather gets sponsorship?

I guess with so much news online now it makes sense they got rid of so many bulletins, and they are always promoting the ITV Wales website and twitter/facebook etc on the bulletins, assume other regions are the same.
ST
South Today
Exactly the regional forecasts only remain due to making money from sponsorship.

I still think they should make more of the regional lunchtime bulletin (if you can call it that) 4 and a half minutes is pathetic.
JE
Jez Founding member
I totally agree. If we cant have a mid morning bulletin to bridge the gap between the last GMB bulletin at around 8.15 and the lunchtime news at 13.55 we should at least get a proper lunchtime bulletin.

4 mins including the weather and opening/closing titles etc only leaves little more than 2.5 mins for actual news. They hardly ever do longer reports now, just a roundup of 5 or 6 headlines, or 1 report and then 1 or 2 other headlines.
BA
Barney

he did the 6.30 & the 10.30, not sure about the 12.30 though.
NE
newsman1

he did the 6.30 & the 10.30, not sure about the 12.30 though.

Charlene presented the Lunchtime News today.

Newer posts