« Topics
JCB1,770 posts since 21 Sep 2004
I'm more amazed by the fact she's still rolling out that joke 7 years on. Although the show hasn't really proven itself to be particularly cutting edge and/or timely so why not I guess. Rolling Eyes Remember the crazy frog? what was that all about!!?
Asa3,218 posts since 22 Mar 2001 Administrator
Meridian (South East) South East Today
There were some sharp edits tonight. And what's with crashing of the music into the theme music too - why not have it playing into the break a la GMB sometimes do?

Wheeled out the millennials quiz again, with Davina seemingly going through the motions. They showed a brief clip of Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned (could have made it half an hour's worth really).

I'm about to throw the towel in, this isn't worth a Series Link.
bluecortina444 posts since 26 Jul 2012
It's funny that Davina is by far the best presenter they've got (and possibly will have) but the show is declining a bit. Whether the features are just sub par, I don't know. I really don't see the point in the DJ though.

I suspect it's one of the reasons she gets the audience to continually clap at pretty much anything - it's eating away at the time that has to be filled. The DJ is just a device that she can 'throw to' when she gets stuck (I imagine). The same sort of thing will be evident when O'Leary 'presents' - he's not a performer or entertainer either.
harshy5,358 posts since 24 Mar 2001
It's funny that Davina is by far the best presenter they've got (and possibly will have) but the show is declining a bit. Whether the features are just sub par, I don't know. I really don't see the point in the DJ though.

I suspect it's one of the reasons she gets the audience to continually clap at pretty much anything - it's eating away at the time that has to be filled. The DJ is just a device that she can 'throw to' when she gets stuck (I imagine). The same sort of thing will be evident when O'Leary 'presents' - he's not a performer or entertainer either.

I got to admit I watched two minutes of this and had an instant headache with that intro and Davina dancing towards the stage, I turned it off. Embarassed
Brekkie26,910 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Davina easily the safest pair of hands for a show like this but perhaps that is exactly what the show doesn't need. There is just no edge to it, and no real purpose either.

Just 1m viewers last night and just over 700k for the news. Even on a bad night News at Ten would get those figures combined.

Any news on the host for week 5 - only confirmation I've seen of future hosts is Jason Manford in Easter week.
Shouldn't that have been posted in the "John Logie Baird has Invented Television" thread?
Nicky gave kudos
BeanoMaster186 posts since 4 Nov 2014
Meridian (South) South Today
Davina easily the safest pair of hands for a show like this but perhaps that is exactly what the show doesn't need. There is just no edge to it, and no real purpose either.

Just 1m viewers last night and just over 700k for the news. Even on a bad night News at Ten would get those figures combined.

Any news on the host for week 5 - only confirmation I've seen of future hosts is Jason Manford in Easter week.

Week 4 is Dermot O'Leary, week 5 is Gordon Ramsay and week 7 is Jason Manford. Weeks 6 and 8 are unknown.
dbl7,980 posts since 11 Jun 2004
London London
I think there needs to be room for spontaneity. It feels really safe at the moment whereas there are times on some of the American shows that feel really loose and gives it the energy it needs.

Agreed, the show needs a bit of character as well, TNS hosts have no one to bounce off/set some sort of familiarity i.e. Conan has his sidekick/announcer Andy, Jimmy Kimmel has Guillermo/the band.