TV Home Forum

The Freeview Thread

Updates and info on the DTT platform (October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
I think it's all but confirmed the childrens and news section will move to the 200s, with general entertainment continuing after HD from 140.
RE
Rex
Oh my word - multiple changes on Freeview occurring thanks to Quest Red's launch, some that I did not expect.

First up, what was announced before today...
Quest Red on LCN 38 (COM5)
Quest+1 moved to LCN 92
Tiny Pop moved to Local Mux
True Movies reduced hours from 9pm to 5am
Kix reduced hours from 5am to 9pm
TruTV now broadcasts from 3am to midnight
CBS Action+1 on LCN 90 (COM7)

And changes that have been occurred just now:
CBS Drama moved to COM6
TJC Choice on LCN 93 (COM6)
Colors HD on LCN 114 (COM8)

The addition of TJC Choice on LCN 93 raises questions. Only 1 LCN left in the General Entertainment section, and with the decision to choose which future option to take on the EPG looming away, will Digital UK be pressed harder to push forward with a reshuffle?
Last edited by Rex on 15 March 2017 10:46pm
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Oh my word - multiple changes on Freeview occurring thanks to Quest Red's launch, some that I did not expect.

Quest+1 moved to LCN 92
Tiny Pop moved to Local Mux - 6am to 9pm
True Movies reduced hours from 9pm to 6am

CBS Drama moved to COM6

The addition of TJC Choice on LCN 93 raises questions. Only 1 LCN left in the General Entertainment section, and with the decision to choose which future option to take on the EPG looming away, will Digital UK be pressed harder to push forward with a reshuffle?

I'm retuning both my Freeview TV and YouView box as today is the retune date.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Pan European Agreement has been reached to secure the post 700MHz clearance bandwidth, for DTT use until 2030. Freeview and other users across Europe will be relieved.

see here ……..

NEWS on EBU.CH
15-Mar-2017 @ 13:59
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Pan European Agreement has been reached to secure the post 700MHz clearance bandwidth, for DTT use until 2030. Freeview and other users across Europe will be relieved.

see here ……..

NEWS on EBU.CH
15-Mar-2017 @ 13:59

Thank goodness for that. Were they thinking of getting rid of it?
DV
DVB Cornwall
The eagle eyed will note that article is dated January. The EU passed the recommendation today.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
The eagle eyed will note that article is dated January. The EU passed the recommendation today.

Great
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Looking at the channel list via the Freeview website arguably there could/should be a new category for shopping channels, and be moved to a separate section (e.g. channel 150 onwards). There appears to be at least 10 shopping channels currently. I can't help feeling there needs to be a shake up of the 'entertainment' section channel numbers, as currently it's a bit of a mess and not particularly easy to find channels.
:-(
A former member

Quest+1 moved to LCN 92
Tiny Pop moved to Local Mux - 6am to 9pm
True Movies reduced hours from 9pm to 6am

CBS Drama moved to COM6

Some of those changes just seem pointless. A good number of people have now lost tiny pop and True movies. TruTV now broadcasts from 3am to midnight Whats the point in that? also what are there going to do with that channel it needs overhauling fast.
IS
Inspector Sands

Which presumably means the UK won't necessarily have to follow the recommendation?
:-(
A former member

Which presumably means the UK won't necessarily have to follow the recommendation?

I doubt it, I would rather surprised if there didn;t it just makes life a bit more easier on the Telecommunication companies.
IS
Inspector Sands
TruTV now broadcasts from 3am to midnight Whats the point in that?

3am to midnight sounds like good hours to me. I'm sure they won't miss out on many viewers in the 3 hours a day they're off air

Newer posts