The Newsroom

BBC Scotland News Thread

Reporting Scotland and Newsnight Scotland (December 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
Other programme from right hand side. Sportsceen, Sunday politics scotland, holyrood, etc its a well used studio.

[img]www.tvlive.org.uk/media/bbcnews2008/regions/scotland/2014/studio13.jpg[/img]

Well that makes it much easier And they don't have to race against the clock while leaving parts of it up during Reporting Scotland.

Scotland really does have a nice network set.

It's very similar to Cardiff, same idea there, one side for the BBC Wales Today, the other side for S4C Newyddion and other stuff.
CR
Critique
Yes, Timeline appeared to be using both sides of the studio when I took a look, but I only posted a screengrab from their use of one side - thus they must have a lot of work to do in half an hour! Furthermore, that massive rostrum in my screengrab definitely eats into the space of the unseen other side of the set - it comes out a lot further than the normal Reporting Scotland rostrum on that side of the set does, to the extent I'd imagine the camera in my screengrab would be somewhere near the main desk in Reporting Scotland is.
KN
knack
As far as I'm aware, Reporting Scotland uses both sides of the set, so Timeline being on must limit Reporting Scotland's use of the set.

Very rarely. The last time I remember them doing so was to interview party leaders before the Scottish Parliament election last year.
LS
Lou Scannon
I'm currently visiting family in Inverclyde.

I caught a bit of the 08:27 and circa 9am bulletins during this morning's Breakfast.

The former had the usual Squinty Bridge backdrop, but the latter was a view of the Riverside Museum. I never previously knew that this backdrop option for RS even existed, nor when/why they would opt to use it. There was a fair bit of camera wobble of the view, which made it look like the studio itself was experiencing an earthquake.
MA
Markymark
I'm currently visiting family in Inverclyde.

I caught a bit of the 08:27 and circa 9am bulletins during this morning's Breakfast.

The former had the usual Squinty Bridge backdrop, but the latter was a view of the Riverside Museum. I never previously knew that this backdrop option for RS even existed, nor when/why they would opt to use it. There was a fair bit of camera wobble of the view, which made it look like the studio itself was experiencing an earthquake.

The Studio C screens often have a panoramic view of the skyline (go back a page or two, and there's a pic), presumably from three or four roof cams at PQ. Any of those can be selected to appear on any back drop screen in Studio C, or the newsroom position, (which has a projected image, as well as roller blinds that can be pulled down with various printed images)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpubu4u651qihsj/PQ_NEWSROOM.jpg?dl=0
Last edited by Markymark on 20 March 2017 10:20am - 2 times in total

51 days later

:-(
A former member
Two points:

* 22.30 programmes has been extended to 30mins long, I dare say for the election
* Last Night Steven Jardine ( yes the one from STV - The hour/ Wheel nuts) presented it.

153 days later

NT
NorthTonight
It's ten years since the documentary Reported Scotland, which now makes it 60 years of news from Scotland on the BBC. Anyone know if this has been mentioned? Maybe they're waiting for fifty years since Reporting Scotland started ( 1968 ) and will mark this occasion. ( Forgetting when they scrapped it for Scotland Sixty Minutes in 1983 / 4 )

70 days later

A former member
Lucy White just turned up reading tonight's Reporting scotland, i dare say she read the evening news aswell.
GM
GMc
Lucy White just turned up reading tonight's Reporting scotland, i dare say she read the evening news aswell.

She's presented a few bulletins in the last few weeks or so - Breakfast and Lunchtime bulletins, at least.

64 days later

A former member
This may be of no use to anyone but there have realigned the camera shot the presenters to look like this:

Rkolsen and London Lite gave kudos

9 days later

SC
scottishtv Founding member
There was an extended edition of the 6:30pm show tonight (due to bad weather coverage) with Jackie Bird handing over to The One Show mid-report at around 7:10pm. BBC Scotland also neatly took the full 8pm junction update slot for Reporting Scotland, so no UK national headlines shown for us there, again covering the bad weather.
PC
p_c_u_k
This may be of no use to anyone but there have realigned the camera shot the presenters to look like this:

For me, that looks a lot tidier than a grubby shot of outside which sometimes has a spider crawling around the camera.

Newer posts