« Topics
noggin12,069 posts since 26 Jun 2001
I think that's incredibly unlikely. Aside from the reasons they moved from T'North in the first place, they would have to relocate the whole team or pay expensive rail fares each day.

That's true for staff - but not for freelance or short-term contract production staff, and AIUI This Morning's production team is not all staff...

However I think it is unlikely to happen for 'guest' reasons...
kernow597 posts since 18 Jan 2006
This Morning according to Wikipedia will move to MediaCityUK from 2018?

Is this true?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Morning_(TV_programme)

Wikipedia isn't exactly a reliable source.

The page says "The London Studios (1996–present)" and "Media City UK (2018-Present)" which isn't possible and doesn't make sense.

It would have to say "The London Studios (1996–2018)" and "Media City UK (2018 onwards)" to make sense.
Hatton Cross2,145 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
So, where will This Morning decamp to?
At first I thought as they are 'annexed' from the main LTS site, it's feasable they wouldn't have to move - but actually thinking about it, with the main tower coming down, they would be right in the demolition zone (even it it is being taken carefully brick by brick top floor down, with rubble in buckets winched down by a tower crane)

There was a nice Thames side facility down in Teddington with a nice view over the weir and downstream from a temporary construction in the car park (or the old Thames riverside bar) that could have been used - but that's now gone.

Not sure if the new Riverside Studios have any outward facing Thames view studios (probably not) although suppose it's not beyond the relms of imagination, that one of the larger apartments with a view, could become a temporary studio for a couple of years.

So, I guess, either they live camera in and greenscreen the view and do the show from a studio off site and out of the view of the river - or rent out an office with large windows overlooking the river just down stream from Upper Ground and wing it that way.

From memory the old space that VMTV used for Channel 5's 'The Terry And Gaby Show' in County Hall, had a good view across to the Houses of Parliment, and the Elizabeth Tower (which is the proper name for Big Ben - if you are a tourist) but not a very good view of the Thames.
ITV "Occasionally it gives us something good, but for the most part, it is pathetic and puerile". Lord Taylor, House Of Commons, 1959.
Brekkie26,888 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
I'd have thought if possible ITV would want their four daytime shows in the same location (aren't they aiming to share the crew across the four of them). If space is tight there could potentially be some studio sharing arrangements - considering Lorraine can be restruck for Loose Women in three hours This Morning could probably share with GMB - just stick a hob in the news desk and that's the kitchen sorted. If they happen to accidently turn it on while Piers is leaning on it then so be it.
Shouldn't that have been posted in the "John Logie Baird has Invented Television" thread?
Whataday7,111 posts since 13 Sep 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today
From memory the old space that VMTV used for Channel 5's 'The Terry And Gaby Show' in County Hall, had a good view across to the Houses of Parliment, and the Elizabeth Tower (which is the proper name for Big Ben - if you are a tourist) but not a very good view of the Thames.

The view is actually a lot better than I remember. I guess they chose to plonk Sir Terry next to Big Ben... sorry, Elizabeth Tower for a bit of added pomp.