The Newsroom

BBC World News from New Broadcasting House

14th January 2013 - The Worlds Newsroom (January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MW
Mike W
Moz posted:
I hope that maid has been sacked. You can't drag children around like that!

I thought it was his wife (which is what the national news called her) - not stereotyping were we?
Last edited by Mike W on 10 March 2017 5:22pm
BR
Brekkie
Full marks to the graphics guy for removing the pushback to give viewers a better view.
Stuart, dvboy and Mike W gave kudos
MO
Moz
Moz posted:

I thought it was his wife (which is what the national news called it) - not stereotyping were we?

No way is that his wife.
BA
Batavia
Moz posted:
Moz posted:

I thought it was his wife (which is what the national news called it) - not stereotyping were we?

No way is that his wife.

Robert Kelly's wife is called Jung-a: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4301832/It-s-hilarious-says-grandmother-toddlers-viral-video.html

Interracial relationships are a thing.
AN
Andrew Founding member
The fact she seemed scared to death that she'd let the kids go into Daddy's office seemed the behaviour of an employee rather than his wife to be fair.
RK
Rkolsen
The fact she seemed scared to death that she'd let the kids go into Daddy's office seemed the behaviour of an employee rather than his wife to be fair.

Well wouldn't you be mortified if your spouse was on a worldwide television of being humiliated? The guys already been turned into a meme and has gone viral. I know I would be mortified if the future Mrs. RK was on TV and my kids barged in.

And the report is about to air on NBC Nightly News.
FL
flaziola
Well, if Studio E can have toddler minded individuals walk in during a news cast, no reason World News can't have the same. Laughing
DB
dbl
Moz posted:
Moz posted:

No way is that his wife.

The kids look mixed to me...
LX
lxflyer
James Menendez confirmed yesterday on Twitter that the lady was indeed the interviewee's wife, so perhaps that can be put to bed.
:-(
A former member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39244325 Looks like this has blown up a bit... becaues of the nanny point, its really his wife. He has tweeted believe this is all bad, but alot of people have told him its viral but its a good thing and It might just widen his reach for new jobs etc. https://twitter.com/Robert_E_Kelly?lang=en-gb
MO
Moz

Exactly - the assumption wasn't anything to do with her race, but due to the way she behaved. You'd expect a man like that to have a smart, sophisticated woman as his wife, not some bumbling idiot like that. Turns out it was his wife though. Poor man.
MQ
Mr Q
Moz posted:
You'd expect a man like that to have a smart, sophisticated woman as his wife, not some bumbling idiot like that. Turns out it was his wife though. Poor man.

Seriously? This comment is some kind of parody, right? A joke?

I mean, the internet didn't exist back in the 1950s, so I can't have been accidentally cast back in time.

Newer posts