The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters & Rotas

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RK
Rkolsen
I don't think I've seen this mentioned here but has Ben Thompson left Business Live? Seems like he hasn't been on in weeks and looks to be reporting on Breakfast daily.
AS
AlexS
I don't think I've seen this mentioned here but has Ben Thompson left Business Live? Seems like he hasn't been on in weeks and looks to be reporting on Breakfast daily.

He's providing the main cover for Steph while she covers for Naga but nothing has been said that would indicate he isn't returning to business live when Naga returns to breakfast.
CH
chris
AlexS posted:

He's providing the main cover for Steph while she covers for Naga but nothing has been said that would indicate he isn't returning to business live when Naga returns to breakfast.

Plus he's still in the Business Live trail.
RN
Rolling News
AlexS posted:
Maxine Mawhinney has moved back to weekend mornings starting from today.

Maxine has now announced that this arrangement is only until April 9th when (I presume) Gavin will be back to weekend mornings.

DS
DarthSidious
I'm not sure who's presenting now, but I like her a lot. Very easy watching and not stuffy like some of the presenters who present this slot. Very good.
WO
Worzel
I'm not sure who's presenting now, but I like her a lot. Very easy watching and not stuffy like some of the presenters who present this slot. Very good.

That's Rebecca Jones. She's been a relief presenter on the channel for a while now. She's usually an Arts Correspondent.
DS
DarthSidious

That's Rebecca Jones. She's been a relief presenter on the channel for a while now. She's usually an Arts Correspondent.

Thank you for that.

Yes, I thought I have seen her before. Very good.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Rebecca also alternates with James Naughtie on Meet the Author.
AS
AlexS
Alice Baxter has returned from maternity leave. She was presenting business on GMT earlier according to her twitter feed.
RN
Rolling News
Egon Cossou presenting the business news on the NC this afternoon...

bkman1990 and London Lite gave kudos
NE
News96
AlexS posted:

Maxine has now announced that this arrangement is only until April 9th when (I presume) Gavin will be back to weekend mornings.

Another Update to this-it turns out Gavin Esler is leaving the BBC in two weeks to concentrate on book writing.

Last edited by News96 on 13 March 2017 7:39pm - 2 times in total
AS
AlexS
AlexS posted:

Another Update to this-it turns out Gavin Esler is leaving the BBC in two weeks to concentrate on book writing.

https://twitter.com/gavinesler/status/840586210213003264

As expected really.
Guessing April 10th is when the next round of the cuts takes effect as they were said to be affecting weekend output as well as the abolition of the double headed afternoon shift. Does make me wonder if they'll even be separate programmes on the News Channel and World News at weekends (Maxine's tweet could be interpreted to say she was leaving completely on the 9th).

Newer posts