TV Home Forum

Local TV

Are you local? (July 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Mouseboy33
Jamie Brindle, who oversaw Notts TV's successful launch has moved to KMTV. So I'd expect the Kent local channel to punch above their weight too.

You think Notts is punching above their weight? I say they are presentation wise one of best on air in the country. Certainly in the top 5. If Mr Brindle can do anything to help KMTV...more power to him. Currently their newscast is broadcasts from an "open field" (by they way there is a KMTV in Omaha Nebraska. )

http://nebraska.info-komen.org/images/content/pagebuilder/KMTV.jpg
Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 9 March 2017 5:57pm - 2 times in total
DB
dbl
I believe he meant that the person behind Notts TV makes an effort in production standards - so he'll expect similar results for KMTV.
SuperDave and London Lite gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
Made in Teesside will launch on March 30. They've also acquired Bay TV Clwyd which is still to launch, making it Made's second Welsh local licence.
BR
Brekkie
Not too surprising considering Bay TV Clwyd's bid was basically Bay TV Liverpool with a few opt outs. Surely Bay TV Swansea will be in their sights too.
LL
Not too surprising considering Bay TV Clwyd's bid was basically Bay TV Liverpool with a few opt outs. Surely Bay TV Swansea will be in their sights too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Clwyd is managed from Liverpool, similar to the Bristol/Cardiff arrangement.

11 days later

LL
The Clwyd licence will be branded as Made in North Wales.
IS
Inspector Sands
The Clwyd licence will be branded as Made in North Wales.

Not to be confused with Mold in North Wales
SuperDave, London Lite and Markymark gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
I still wonder if we may see Bay TV Swansea folded into Made in Cardiff to become Made in South Wales.
LL
Made in North Wales will launch on April 26.

https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/2017/03/made-television-to-launch-north-wales-service-in-april/
UB
UBox
I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere but Made seem to be producing a dating show:

I hate dating shows anyway but I'm sure they'll make it unbearable.
RE
Rex

Confirms that the refresh on Friday will be live-action compared to the outgoing set's use of CGI.
CY
cyberdude
Whoopee! Another TV channel with boring, rubbish live action idents! Honestly, I despair.

Newer posts