TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MM
MMcG198
BBC1 Wales airs Cow, leading into episode 2 of 'Wales in the Nineties':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXcbWauuVag

Looks like a recreation - and a pretty good one - rather than a recording of the real thing. The shading of the '1' isn't quite right. And the colouring of the globe is a little off - for example, the lighter blue colouring towards the edges of the globe, was not a feature of the original.

Mike, you may want to check back on the light blue edges... https://tvr.metropol247.co.uk/thetvroom.com/bbc-uk/bbc-1-20-01.html
😉

Haha. In fact, yes, there does seem to be an element of that in the original. Though it seems much more apparent in this latest BBC One Wales example. Perhaps the benefit of HD. I recorded that programme this evening also - I'll have a proper look at this later. The '1' definitely looks odd though - darker than it should be.

EDIT: just played back the recording. Looks awful on an HD TV - so it could well be the original.
Last edited by MMcG198 on 7 March 2017 12:15am
:-(
A former member
Compare BBC1NI 90 Years COW symbol back in 2014 - http://tig.gy/?W7T94
A former member
I can't be sure about this there might be NEW ident Birdwatchers (2 versions), this information appeared on wiki page, BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING... there got Forest right so keep an eye out.
RE
Rex
I can't be sure about this there might be NEW ident Birdwatchers (2 versions), this information appeared on wiki page, BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING... there got Forest right so keep an eye out.

New ident? I'm hoping to see some improvement in production values, but the cynic in me feels that it could end up like the previous five that have been aired.
DA
davidhorman
I can't be sure about this there might be NEW ident Birdwatchers

Perhaps once the weather warms up we'll be treated to Doggers.
A former member
If its like the last five, it will just be bird watches looking at the screen...
JA
james-2001

As long as it's at least like the Not Going Out episode where they're wearing clown and Batman masks!
JB
JasonB

Was it just me that read that as Dogging?
RE
Rex

Assumed that as well... Rolling Eyes
SC
Si-Co

I'm twitching with anticipation!
JB
JasonB

Assumed that as well... Rolling Eyes

Imagine that as a Oneness ident!
CA
Cavan
Imagine that as a Oneness ident!

It would give "coming together" a whole new meaning.

Newer posts