TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GO
gottago
Dawn French doing a sterling job on Little Big Shots. So refreshing to have someone not from the James Grant roster.

I thought she was fine but the programme was so, so awful. Quite badly edited in parts.
BR
Brekkie
Agree. I take it Mulhern's phone was engaged that day.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Dawn French doing a sterling job on Little Big Shots. So refreshing to have someone not from the James Grant roster.

I thought she was fine but the programme was so, so awful.

Must have been watching a different show to me - loved it. Struggled to find a negative tweet on the hashtag during the show either.
FA
fanoftv
It was nice to have a programme celebrating wonderful skills of the youngsters of today that are not just there to try to win a big cash prize. I've been looking forward to this after hearing that they'd commissioned it after seeing parts of the US Steve Harvey version.
GW
GarWill99
I've been wondering for a while, the music used on the end credits of the voice, is it an actual song or just a piece of music made specifically for the show? It sounds familiar but I'm not too sure.
BA
bilky asko

I thought she was fine but the programme was so, so awful.

Must have been watching a different show to me - loved it. Struggled to find a negative tweet on the hashtag during the show either.

The only thing I've heard about the programme was most of the kids were pretentious and not that talented. To be honest, I think it's the very same quality that will endear some people.

To be honest, I think Dawn French would have great trouble in doing badly in such a role though. I've never seen her in anything that I've disliked.
UB
UBox
Dancing on Ice COULD be making a comeback. I personally wouldn't mind this as, in my opinion, ITV have never filled the slot with something as good since axing DOI. https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3025283/itv-bosses-lining-up-dancing-on-ice-for-shock-comeback-in-2017-after-three-years-away/
:-(
A former member
Quote:
in 2014 after nine series due to tumbling viewing figures.
I was always lead to believe Torvill and Dean had, enough, and it was them who pulled it. I can;t see them coming back so who could replace them?
AN
Andrew Founding member
UBox posted:
Dancing on Ice COULD be making a comeback. I personally wouldn't mind this as, in my opinion, ITV have never filled the slot with something as good since axing DOI. https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3025283/itv-bosses-lining-up-dancing-on-ice-for-shock-comeback-in-2017-after-three-years-away/

Seems to be based on no substance whatsoever.

Plus it wouldn't be back "in 2017" even if it actually was coming back, also Dance Dance Dance finished weeks ago, and also won't be back in 2017
BR
Brekkie
I think they could probably get away without Torville and Dean just by focusing on the pros Strictly style. Indeed putting the creative control in the hands of the pros might actually benefit it.

I suspect though for ITV it's return would be linked to getting them on board.
ST
steddenm
Possibly the wrong place, but ITV are celebrating 2m followers on Twitter...

WH
Whataday Founding member
Nice touch.

In other news, they're getting quite a bit of stick for cancelling Loose Women on today of all days. I get the budget coverage is important (although most just want the bullet points rather than extensive coverage) but they could have taken the opportunity to screen a special teatime version for International Women's Day. Or even move it to ITV2 as they've done in the past.

IWD has been everywhere today, and to drop their flagship women's programme seems somewhat out of touch.

Newer posts