TV Home Forum

ITV win horse racing rights from 2017

Ed Chamberlin confirmed as host (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DO
dosxuk
I wouldn't really expect ITV to go too heavy on promoting the coverage at this time of year. There's no big races, and there's very good chances of them getting called off because of bad weather*. The contract start date isn't really set up for a "big-bang" marketing plan, it's almost business as usual right now, it's difficult to really make an impact when you're just doing the cold, dark, rainy, foggy January race days. Once we get around to the Cheltenham Festival build up though, that completely changes.

* I remember once C4 spending most of a called off Saturday afternoon previewing the following week, which then also got called off. For most Jan/Feb meetings Lingfield or Sandown (all weather tracks and close to the London bases) were also planned for in case of abandonment sufficiently early that the whole programme could be moved.
:-(
A former member
Was there any different idents use on ITV4 today? Did there use some of the other ITV versions or are there just sticking with those two?

I still think its bit checky there also use the ITV break bumpers.
A former member
Thats ITV4 just used second ITV ident. so it would seem ITV4 does have all the ITV main ident.
A former member
Thats a turn up for the books, on racing programme right now there talking about closing of race course and new winter racing event, its a bit heated. Good on ITV for adding a bit more to racing.
A former member
Its seems ITV4 has stopped using the horse idents.
BR
Brekkie
And no surprise C4 are filling the slot with Come Dine with Me. Anyone know how those are rating?

29 days later

BR
Brekkie
Racing back on ITV next Saturday thanks to ITV4 showing darts.
DV
dvboy

STV calling it "Racing on STV".
A former member
dvboy posted:

STV calling it "Racing on STV".

There did that last time.

Edit: I wonder if ITV will look at the ratings and see if its possible or worthwhile having a few more Saturday live racing meetings on the main channel.
Last edited by A former member on 26 February 2017 4:06pm
DV
DVB Cornwall
Promo as aired during ITV Six Nations for Cheltenham

BR
Brekkie
The ITV7 has been revived as an app with a jackpot of up to £100k.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-launches-new-racing-app
HC
Hatton Cross
So there's now two 'pick 7' games running.
The ITV7 and the Sporting Life Pick7 will both use the 7 live ITV/ITV4 televised races for their competitions.

Extending choice in failing to win a large sum of money, if nothing else.

Newer posts